irmtfan
Re: Progress Report [proposed] Community Coordination Team 1 July 2007
  • 2007/7/3 6:42

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

vaughan and Northern i understand your concerns.
but this is all up to you to describe and develop rules if you be in the team. but you cant stay away and see what comes in the future.
the future rules for community coordination team or any other teams come from the teams by themselves.
of course the council evaluate monthly reports. but it only make sense when a team failed to act correctly and ...
also consider the news:
Council members will have no authority to act individually.

Northern
  • 2007/7/3 8:31

• Northern

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/12/26

Pleas chack out the Other Community Coordination Team post.

it might clear things up..

davidl2
  • 2007/7/3 8:35

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

sailjapan wrote:
Quote:

If you'd like to get away from the policing and politics of XOOPS (as far as anyone involved with 47,000 other people can) and into the business of customer satisfaction and problem solving, the Community Coordination team may well suit you down to a T.

No - I think I'd rather help with the Official English Language Community Site at XoopsInfo - if I had to help anywhere.

Thank you however.

sailjapan

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
...I think I'd rather help with the Official English Language Community Site at XoopsInfo - if I had to help anywhere.

Thank you however.

Fair enough and y'r welcome.

btw, are you guys really official, or did I miss something?

Crip.
Never let a man who does not believe something can be done, talk to a man that is doing it.

davidl2
  • 2007/7/3 8:49

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

In my eyes as much right to be official as any other so-called team.

gtop00
  • 2007/7/3 9:42

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

I am sorry but it seems that there is a mistake here.

The “[proposed] Community Coordination Team” seems to be leaded by almost newcomers (except JAVesey) while its members/moderators are very old and experienced xoopers – see below # of posts:

Quote:
[proposed] Community Coordination status report as of 1 July 2007.

Team rooster

KC0MAZ (Team Leader) – 73
JAVesey - 525
Sailjapan - 142

current moderators invitation status:

JMorris – declined / stepped down - 2526
irmtfan – declined - 2257
akitson – No Response - 387
davidl2 – declined - 5028
vaughan ( M0nty) – pending – 450 + 3377
Jensclas – stepped down - 2135

Additional invitations have been sent

Team rooster still open…

It is obvious why people are declining;

I think that the recently established Project Council should take the situation in serious consideration and as the #1 issue to resolve.

@ people from xoopsinfo: Gentlemen, why do you insist so much to have your site as the sole XOOPS support site? I respect your efforts, your skills and your experience but I believe that you should be here, at xoops.org, under the umbrella of XOOPS foundation. If you deal with xoops, then this is your home. In any other case it looks like forkee business.

I’d like once more to invite the Project Council to take in seriously consideration the following (including responces):
- :: Proposal :: XOOPS.ORG Decision Making Pool
- Keeping it all together
- A simple XOOPS view from a simple XOOPS user.
- …

davidl2
  • 2007/7/3 9:49

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

XOOPSInfo was agreed to be the Officially recognised English Language Community site, replacing this low-quality forum on this current site several months ago.

Why should the XI team downgrade to using this forum?

The site plans had been agreed - Xoops.org is to be a front page for the project ONLY

Not happy with the domain name? Want them all to be xxxx.xoops.org ones?

Then please read the comment in my sig.

davidl2
  • 2007/7/3 9:52

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

gtop00 - I'm not interested in helping on this current site more than I already am - and I'm no longer moderating on any site (only an ADMIN capacity on XI) - this is due to my own very bad temper (Yes, I admit - I have a bad one! But I'm a XOOPS enthusiast who doesnt like seeing his colleagues treated like excrement by certain people), and the fact that on medical grounds i've been warned about my stress levels.

Thats why I'm concentrating on the Community Sites I'm involved in - ie XoopsWiki, the Addons site - and so on...

gtop00
  • 2007/7/3 10:16

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Hi david and others,

I respect your decision, but I feel very sad reading the word "declined" for people I know for years through these forums. I simply cannot accept it.

Let's wait to see what this Project Council will do...

pod
Re: Progress Report [OT] Threads coming undone...
  • 2007/7/3 10:29

• pod

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/19

Quote:
XOOPSInfo was agreed to be the Officially recognised English Language Community site, replacing this low-quality forum on this current site several months ago.

Why should the XI team downgrade to using this forum?

The site plans had been agreed - Xoops.org is to be a front page for the project ONLY

With all the new XOOPSectarianism & old in-fighting omnipresent in (nearly) every forum and news thread this initiative becomes more imperative with every negative or utterly confused posting. Get this chaos off the front page! How can I convince potential clients that they should be using XOOPS when it does not exude a fraction of the professionalism that competing content solution projects display on their landing pages? Get this done & then sort out the rest, ffs! I don't care where the "official" forums go, so long as it is off the front page of this site. I know phppp is quite married to CBB but in all fairness & as I have stated numerous times before, the boards themselves are substandard & do not lend themselves well to being easily managed. A change would be nice, but in the meantime at least take this mess off the front page.

Also regarding the aforementioned chaos, confusion & in-fighting, I hate to do it but I have to say it...

Resized Image

...A bit sad that that thread is like 2 years old. Has any actual progress even been made since Ono was ousted?? I hate to lend my voice to the negativity but we really have to get it together here, and hopefully before another 2 years elapse. It is disheartening to see so many of my long-time fellow XOOPSers disenfranchised by the current state of affairs in disrepair. Hang in there, there may be hope yet! I really, really hope this project comes to a point soon where it can flourish again. Thanks to everyone who is trying.
www.myxoops.com - MyXoops Is Your XOOPS!

Login

Who's Online

184 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 184

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits