skenow
Re: Why is this topic locked: "Xoops 2.3/2.4 or 3.0 update?"
  • 2007/5/20 2:54

• skenow

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/11/17

My question to you is...

What do you expect the new core to do for you that you cannot already do?

The core is there to support the modules, which provide the true functionality. I have seen many sites that have done a tremendous job using stock XOOPS and modules. Just look at some of the sites listed on XOOPS Groups or even some of the sites of members here. If you need specific functionality, you can commission a custom module - Instant-Zero, Inbox International, XoopsLance are all places you can obtain custom XOOPS work.

Really good modules, or parts of them, get evaluated and may become part of the core. I look at the work of phppp and see his Framework and xoopseditors and think they should be part of the core and probably will be; also the work of GIJOE and his Protector module has many aspects that will be incorporated in the core. But, the true driving force of any framework is the developers that add extensions and modules.

If Microsoft can't hit their delivery dates for a new release, development must not be as simple as you think it is.

gravedigger
  • 2007/5/20 5:16

• gravedigger

• Just popping in

• Since: 2007/5/9 5

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
I did not lock the thread

It looks like a confession

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
Skalpa specifically said that he will not be posting on this site.

Why ? The community does not deserve it ?

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
He said that all his activity will be done publicly and on SourceForge.net.

I can't see anything from him
Conclusion ?

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
That was the last information I got from him regarding updates.

You got informations from him !
You're the only one

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
I too wish he would post here, but he will not. He has made it clear that all conversation regarding Core Development and Core Dev discussion will be on SF.net.

I can't see anything from him
Conclusion ?

Quote:

JMorris wrote:
The basic gist... Be patient.

Don't worry be happy ...

Catzwolf
  • 2007/5/20 5:35

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

You know what, Skalpa you are killing XOOPS and I wish the hell you would either do something about it or get the hell out and let someone more competant in to do the job. You have now promised Xoopshere for the last four years and no one has seen one line of code for it. You wont post at this site? WTF? if you wont post at this site then how the hell do you expect to get any respect from the people here? Sounds to me like you're taking the piss out of everyone here sorry but that is the way it looks. If you don't have any real plans for XOOPS then just say so, because the lack of communicaion is what is killing this project and as you as the leader should take the lead and do something about it.

So either GET OUT or do something about it.

And J morris you are his puppet and you just don't realise it just just. You are doing all his dirty work for him and taking the flack because he is to much of a backstabber, liar and a coward to come into this forum and do it himself. I wish the #OOPS# I never had brought skalpa into XOOPS as he has done more to destroy it than everyone else put together. Oh and james you can ban me for being a troll, I don't give a #OOPS# now.

slyss
  • 2007/5/20 6:19

• slyss

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2006/1/26

Quote:

JMorris wrote:

So, regarding someone contacting Skalpa by MSN and asking him to post. That has been done and the answer was "No". Skalpa said, "watch SF.net". He said, in summary, that it would be better for him to work on code than to waste time adding fuel to the fire.

this is not fair for ALL XOOPS users...

i belive in XOOPS but this situation is very negative...

best
[size=x-large]2008 Xoops Book[/size]

snow77
  • 2007/5/20 6:27

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/7/23

It's ridiculous to hear this. If you want something to progress, show what is it that you can do good.

These type of accusations from people who have left the community a long time ago have no value, as you are doing nothing to make part of it and show the good work you can do to make a change.

Progress will not happen bickering around like hungry dogs over thoughts that have been born from corrupted minds.

Fortunately while ones are away in their bickering, there's a greater community behind, with a more professional attitude, STILL working.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

Catzwolf
  • 2007/5/20 6:58

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

Is it Snow? Shows you how very little you know doesn't it. And FYI i would have still been with XOOPS if it wasn't for the way Ono was treated By Skalpa.

snow77
  • 2007/5/20 7:11

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

I know well enough as to stand up for my beliefs and distinguish between honesty and dishonesty.

XOOPS is where I want to be.
I prefer the long hard safe path than a tricky shortcut.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

Catzwolf
  • 2007/5/20 7:13

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

And so do all the developers and users who have left XOOPS in the last 6 months because they don't believe what is going on here at Xoops. You included if I remember at one point.

snow77
  • 2007/5/20 7:31

• snow77

• Just can't stay away

I've never left XOOPS or had intentions to. And I trust the quality the next XOOPS version will have as long as Skalpa leaders the core.

I don't care if 5, 10, 20 or 200 people leave XOOPS, if you don't like it you simply don't use it.

You left long time ago, I see no point in you returning to cause disturbance, you've already said what you had to say, so peace be with you and goodbye.
www.polymorphee.com
www.xoopsdesign.com

Catzwolf
  • 2007/5/20 8:26

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

You don't care if people leave XOOPS like that as long as Skalpa is the leader, you may just get your wish then Snow.

I cannot believe that someone who depends on XOOPS for a living can say such things.

You know what, you're right. I have only spent five years with XOOPS and writing for it, but now i will leave XOOPS to the likes of you and skalpa that don't gives two #OOPS#s whether people leave or not.

Goodbye Snow, I just lost a lot of respect for you tonight.

Login

Who's Online

219 user(s) are online (135 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 219

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits