Will_H
Re: And Now for your entertainment...... Vanishing Modules.
  • 2006/8/13 5:07

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

Hey buddy, where do you get off telling me to grow up? Seems almost all of your posts are negative in some way.

Lets review this one. Everyone was happy and doing fine. Until Mr. Gestroud decides to share his thoughts.

Next time do yourself a favor and just bite your tongue, because if you think I am the one looking bad in all this you are mistaken.

Good Day Sir.

-close-

gestroud
  • 2006/8/13 5:36

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

O.K. Let's review this.

You created a valid post detailing problems you experienced with disappering modules. You provided an account on how you discovered the problem and how you fixed it. You did well.

Following that, the thread turned into a lesson on how to install the module and what the XOOPS folder/file structure should be when installing CBB. Something which is already detailed in the instructions. You know that and I know that. All I did was point out the obvious: Frameworks has to be installed for the module to work. Period. Both of us know that.

No one said anything negative about you or what you accomplished or what you shared; it was a good thing. Cuidu mistakenly thought I was posting to him. I explained it was a general comment pointing out an obvious fact. The first thing anyone should do before installing a module is read the instruction.

Right or wrong?

The first perosn to fly off the handle was you. And yes, I consider it immature. I still do. Sorry if it upsets you, but it is what it is.

I think you owe me an apology and I'd like you to point out all of my "negative posts." I think I've made quite a few positve contributions to the community. Probably more than you realize.

Here's a list of all of my comments, news posts & forum posts

Will_H
  • 2006/8/13 5:42

• Will_H

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/10/10

I dont have time for this.....

You win.

gestroud
  • 2006/8/13 5:44

• gestroud

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/12/22

You're a good person.

maxima
  • 2006/8/29 3:50

• maxima

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2006/3/4 4

just a query on this issue.

Has it been determined why modules don't display without the Frameworks folder? My server uses PHP 4x and when I installed 2.0.14 only the system module was visible and all others including;
NewBB2
News1.44
Pical.07
debaser
xoopsfaq
xoopspoll
xoopspartners
xoopsheadlinemylinks
sections
catads

Not even custom modules using just the xoops_version.php would show.

So.. what is the cause. Does it have to do with PHP versions?

Why is the Frameworks folder not included in the XOOPS 2.0.14 folder since it is required?

Quest
  • 2006/8/29 3:56

• Quest

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2005/11/19

The only time I remember seeing anything about the Frameworks folder and adding it to the directory was when installing CBB. Otherwise I don't think it is needed. It isn't in the XOOPS v 2.0.15 release either. Then again I've lost my brain cells lately anyway.

Quest

Login

Who's Online

246 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 246

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits