jensclas
Re: xcGallery 2.0.2 and XOOPS 2.0.13.2 ?

Aha...Glad you got that sorted...I had loads to upload and I think...think... mind you (because it was a while ago )...I used file manager or similar - perhaps even ftp to create folders (names corresponded with album names) to batch ad pics...so when they were uploaded they were at least soted and ready to add to albums. I could be wrong - but it could also be worth a try...

peterr
  • 2006/4/8 8:59

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/8/5 9

Ok, so what you are saying, is if we have something like

/modules/xcgal/albums/fishingtrip

and we actually have an album called 'fishingtrip', then we can upload all the images via FTP into ../fishingtrip, and then the "batch add" will work okay, all those images will be shown under the 'fishingtrip' album (or we get a dropdown to select an album).

Thanks, will try that.
NO to the Microsoft Office format as an ISO standard.
Sign the petition

jensclas

Hi

I am more awake now:

Look for this: In 'batch add pictures' in admin. I have a selection of folders that comes up and userpics is the one that is writable and the main starting point. (In ftp mine are all in at modules/xcgal/albums/userpics/folder name)

Quote:
test Not writable.
userpics
SFDAV
Poplar grove 2000
patchwork
jens new
next lot
workshops
Misc

etc.

At the bottom it says:
Quote:
'This function allows you to add a batch of picture that your have uploaded on your server by FTP.

Select the directory where you have uploaded your pictures

So the ftp process is necessary to get the pics into folders.

Then after ftp'ing the pics to those folders - click on the folder in 'batch upload' in the xcgal admin and you get
Quote:
List of new pictures

Put pictures of "userpics/jens new/" into a Drop down list of albums you have created

You tick the box to select the pics for the selected album
At the bottom you press 'insert selected pics'

I think this is necessary because the module renames the files in the process of creating the thumnails etc. Make sure the folders where you ftp your images are writable.

Now in this example there is 'jen's new' and 'new lot' is a subfolder. So the batch ad renders both folders in this tree.

I have another folder collection - workshops - and besides misc there is one for each of the major workshops i have been to - so when i batch added after ftp of the images it was easy - the workshop folder came up with all the sub folders I created to match all the albums i created.

One other thing - make sure your pic size in pixel and bytes is set to meet your needs or that will cause even more headaches.

hope this is a bit clearer...

peterr
  • 2006/4/11 4:51

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

jensclas , many thanks for the very detailed instructions on albums, etc with xcGallery, much appreciated.

Now, onto a question about the Spanish translation for xcGallery 2.0.2

ipwgc has checked the grammar in Spanish, and has made a lot of corrections. Who should he contact to add the Spanish language to this version of xcgallery ?

P
Sign the petition

jensclas

Pm herko

Cheers

peterr
  • 2006/4/12 0:56

• peterr

• Just can't stay away

Ok, I'll PM herko, I did PM mcleines , because from here , that user is the project admin.

Thanks,
Sign the petition

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits