Bender
Re: Suggestion for News
  • 2006/2/7 21:26

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

Kapeman if you feel like no one is getting your point how about elaborating a little more as asked?

I think(!) what you mean is you consider the Yaxs subcategory of news as not such interesting as the other ones since the others mostly directly concern something of (possible) practical use (new Xoops, themes, modules) to your own working with Xoops.

You are actually reading the news by clicking "news" from the main menu. (something i personally nearly never do as a daily visitor) and there are lots of Yaxs posts in between which are slightly different from the rest of the categories in your opinion for the reason described above and they are so many that it would be annoying if one would consider them as not really belonging there.

Am i right?

However i see currently no real way to avoid this since a filter like (show all cats expcept yaxs) is not available and we can´t just move them to a submenu item.

Of course if you have a good suggestion how to hande Yaxs separately in a logical and good way on the restructured site shoot ahead. But you (or someone else) have to come up with a good idea. More than saying "move them to a submenu".

(man i could be so far off ... just guessing your mind here)
Sorry, this signature is experiencing technical difficulties. We will return you to the sheduled signature as soon as possible ...

kapeman
  • 2006/2/8 13:36

• kapeman

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/5/3 1

Thanks for the response, but the pulldown menu does exactly what I was looking for.

I am just surprised that I didn't see it!

Thanks to all who responded!

Mantooth
  • 2006/2/8 17:08

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

what does YAXS mean?

I'm sure it's gotta be something obvious but I have no clue.

I hate Mortal Kombat

jdseymour

"Yet Another XOOPS Site"

Mantooth
  • 2006/2/8 17:19

• Mantooth

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/2

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
"Yet Another XOOPS Site"

thanks! i've been wondering that for over a year now but i just never bothered to ask.

I hate Mortal Kombat

Login

Who's Online

199 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 199

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits