onecha
Lost sites?
  • 2005/10/15 10:03

• onecha

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/30

I´m very sad since the 2 sites I put all my energy in are having problems after months working perfectly.

What about the site I talked about at the beginning of the topic?

THANKS and tears :(
MANY SMALL people doing MANY SMALL things in MANY SMALL places, can change the world. www.maketradefair.com

Herko
Re: Please help
  • 2005/10/15 10:06

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

it should be safe to update, yes. But a lesson learned here: backup your site regularly! And before you make any changes, backup your site too! That means files and the database.

Herko

onecha
  • 2005/10/15 10:56

• onecha

• Just popping in

Quote:

Herko Coomans wrote:
it should be safe to update, yes. But a lesson learned here: backup your site regularly! And before you make any changes, backup your site too! That means files and the database.

Herko

OK, I´ll have to learn how to backup (Please could you give me some tips -links-)

BUT now What can I do with my "lost" sites????

Shall I forget them?? And all their content???
MANY SMALL people doing MANY SMALL things in MANY SMALL places, can change the world. www.maketradefair.com

Olivier
  • 2005/10/15 11:06

• Olivier

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/6/16

How to back up ?
1) Save your database always a good idea :)
(2) Make a copy of your ftp ? quite a good idea, but take much time)
3) Save at least the config files

For your websites, have you tried to contact your host ? Because if you wait too long, he'll probably destroy the back ups
Oblazy.com (in french)

Theme : Oblazy Dark v1.2
Feature created : Smilies don't stop moving !
A fun website : Taupinsabord.com...

onecha
  • 2005/10/15 11:08

• onecha

• Just popping in

Quote:

Olivier wrote:
For your websites, have you tried to contact your host ? Because if you wait too long, he'll probably destroy the back ups

Of course I tried, And they have just 8 hours backup... So I lost it..

Herko
  • 2005/10/15 11:26

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

just 8 hour backups... what does that mean? that they keep their backups only for 8 hours? that must be the most stupid backup policy i have ever heard of then. the whole purpose of a backup is to store a snapshot of your site, not to keep a mirror online for 8 hours...

ok, your sites may not be lost afterall, what you need to do is restore your files. lets hope the database was untouched. get the latest version (2.0.13.1) and copy the files to the server (but keep the original mainfile.php on the server, don't overwrite that!). then try to login.

herko

onecha
  • 2005/10/15 11:50

• onecha

• Just popping in

Quote:

ok, your sites may not be lost afterall, what you need to do is restore your files. lets hope the database was untouched. get the latest version (2.0.13.1) and copy the files to the server (but keep the original mainfile.php on the server, don't overwrite that!). then try to login.

herko

I installed some months ago the 2.0.9 version. Are you sure I can use directly the 2.0.13.1 ones??

THANKS

jdseymour

No, restore your current version first and get the site working, if possible. Then upgrade patches in order to the latest version.

onecha
  • 2005/10/15 12:26

• onecha

• Just popping in

Quote:

jdseymour wrote:
No, restore your current version first and get the site working, if possible. Then upgrade patches in order to the latest version.

Yes, but How can I restore it???

jdseymour

Reupload all files from a fresh copy of your current version, over writing what is on the server.

Login

Who's Online

152 user(s) are online (109 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 152

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits