Re: Emergency!! Please help!!
  • 2005/10/6 18:36

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

or down at the bottom, under PHP Variables, _SERVER["DOCUMENT_ROOT"]

_SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"]

compare it with _SERVER["PATH_TRANSLATED"]

(you can probably echo these in a PHP file too, but as I'm not programmer, I'm not sure)

Herko

tedsmith
  • 2005/10/6 18:39

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Herko...

Again, thanks for the help. All these values exist but they are ALL exactly the same and they are all the same value as what is in mainfile.php!

The only one that is different is _SERVER["SCRIPT_FILENAME"] which says /usr/local/bin/php.

Ted

tedsmith
  • 2005/10/6 19:50

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Any other ideas? I can not re-itterate just how desperate for help I am on this one! If I can't fix it, I'm stuffed!

skalpa
  • 2005/10/6 20:07

• skalpa

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2003/4/16

Don't panic...

Manually edit mainfile.php and change this line:
define('XOOPS_CHECK_PATH''1');

so XOOPS_CHECK_PATH is set to O...

However, it's strange this did appear "like this"... Maybe you should check XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and ensure its value is good (if it suddenly broke, it's more likely that your hosting company changed its servers configuration and that you should update XOOPS_ROOT_PATH to reflect you new installation path).

skalpa.>
Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, and more complex. It takes a touch of genius, a lot of courage, to move in the opposite direction.
Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the 1st one (A.Einstein)

tedsmith
  • 2005/10/6 20:47

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Skalpa

If I were physically stood near you I'd hug you!! You're a star. That has fixed it.

I have sent a mail to my hosting company to ask what changes they have made to the server configuration. It's most odd because the physcial path I have in mainfile.php is exactly the same as what all the values in the phpinfo.php results page are, i.e. /content/StartupHostPlus/values not to discolse/web. Hopefully I will find out for sure what my physical path is if it's different and then I'll revert the change to mainfile.php back to 1 and update the physical path.

Thanks again...you rock!! (thanks to Herko too for his fine efforts)

Ted

(NB Is my site now vulnerable to attack without this check being performed or will my Protector module make up for it?)

tedsmith
  • 2005/10/7 13:35

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

Solved...so not an emergency anymore!

This is an edited response from my web host...it seems XOOPS is recognised as being superb even by web hosting firms

"We made some slight changes yesterday, and set www.f3.org.uk as a symlink to point to f3.org.uk

Normally this would work fine, but it seems that the security routines in XOOPS are well-written and recognise a symlink from the true path.

If you set the server path in the configs to /content/StartupHostPlus/somevalues/f3.org.uk (remove the www. before f3.org.uk), then it should work correctly again.
"

And it did! I changed the values as suggested, and also the XOOPS_ROOT_PATH check back to 1 in mainfile.php so that all security checks are carried out again. It's strange that my phpinfo.php file not detail the physical path as being different, although I wonder if this was due to caching on the server or something.

My sincerest of thanks again to Skalpa for providing a workaround and Herko for being very much correct in the cause of the problem.

Cheers, and rock on!!

Ted

Herko
  • 2005/10/7 13:43

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

glad it worked, and no, your site isn't more vulnerable to attack when the path check is set to 0. At least, not if the server is configured properly.

Herko

abgdee
  • 2005/11/15 6:17

• abgdee

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/11/15

Quote:

skalpa wrote:
Don't panic...

Manually edit mainfile.php and change this line:
define('XOOPS_CHECK_PATH''1');

so XOOPS_CHECK_PATH is set to O...

However, it's strange this did appear "like this"... Maybe you should check XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and ensure its value is good (if it suddenly broke, it's more likely that your hosting company changed its servers configuration and that you should update XOOPS_ROOT_PATH to reflect you new installation path).

skalpa.>

Thanks to all of you. Got the same problem too and it solved now. Terima kasih...

Timinator
  • 2006/1/9 23:51

• Timinator

• Just popping in

• Since: 2006/1/9 2

I have the same issue here.. I have the forums installed at

/community
and XOOPS installed at

/myscifi

Xoops works fine. but invision is giving all sorts of issues.

It was coming back with
"XOOPS path check: Script is not inside XOOPS_ROOT_PATH and cannot run."

So I changed it to 0 in mainfile and now it just does a blank page.

Can someone tell me what the issue might be? The guy from bbpixel.com said that the config was correct and he would leave it to me to finish. Just not sure what to do to finish. if the config is correct and the MySQL are all pointing to the correct XOOPS dbase and everything updated it should work right?

Thanks

Tim

Login

Who's Online

165 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 165

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits