LazyBadger
Hmmm.... time to write manuals for dummies

Words "my site using 95% resources..." meains nothing for whom, who are deeply in this business
XOOPS-site from system-administaration side (any LAMP-engine really) is combination of
- MySQL process
- httpd process instances
- some amount of disc I/O operations

Who exactly eats resurces, which resources? CPU, memory, something else? When in happened, how long it lasts? Which configuration's settings have Apache, My... which disc-array used? I will not be surprized, if on loaded host just ordinary IDE-drives kill all and eat all CPU...
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Modules Proving Ground
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

LazyBadger
Re: My Xoops and CPU problem..(Very Big Problem)

Quote:

wizanda wrote:
Caching everything doesn't work! If you cache something that is used all the time i.e. forum, and you put it on a low (30 seconds-5 minutes) cache. Instead this means more calls to the server, every 5 minutes or what ever you set it on.

Delirium...
1. Block cache works
2. You have RTFM about caching principles
3. Low-TTL may have bad side-effect, but in rare race conditions, more often it can be more useless, than bad... and useful more often than useless

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

orgunozcu
  • 2005/9/2 8:48

• orgunozcu

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2005/9/1 5

hallo again.... i did all what you said.. and i agree now that Caching everything doesn't work! because.. for example if the guestbooks cahce is 5 minites..so if somebody writes a messages the other people can see it 5 minets later... WHAT iS HAPiNG??? it is very bad.. hey people !!! its not a html site... it a php and XOOPS site... if my visitors see all after 5 minites or 1 hausr later it can be a html sie...

Please help me why XOOPS takes too much CPU..?

and if i do blocks cache 5 minites or mod or 30 second.. than a visitor can se e this block after this time... it is comic...

Nobody know a better way to solve this problem???

"and wizanda said: I also recommend XOOPS logical checker if you are on 2.0.13 as it will check your database for errors!"

so where can i download that??

thanks for all replies and help but i have still problem.. i am waiting yoru help....
www.cancer-aids.net

www.cinselliksaglik.com

www.konyaninsesi.com
www.psikolojikdanisman.org
www.xoopshocasi.com

Herko
  • 2005/9/2 8:58

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

caching means that the page is stored as html on the server and that is used for the duration of the cache lifetime, instead of the dynamic page wich makes database calls to the server on each page request. That is a lot faster, but it also means that the page will stay the same for the duration of the cache lifetime.

For pages that are very dynamic, set the cache lifetime to 0 (for forum, for example) or a low lifetime (30 secs, 1 minute). For less dynamic pages and blocks, use longer cache lifetimes.

Herko

wizanda
  • 2005/9/2 18:46

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

xoops Table Logical Check 2.02m
I dont know if it works on 2.2, yet works on 2.0.13.1.

Even with this though my site is still using 45%, and I still need to get the amount down.

Now I have tons of modules and there is errors in some, yet this is also a XOOPS problem as this has been posted loads of times before.

Of people having troubles with the amount of resources used.

I have been told that they would like me to be using less then 10%, lol

Yet I don't know how I can do this, I think if I had a html site then maybe.

Still I would like to know some ways to reduce the amount of server load, used by xoops?

orgunozcu
  • 2005/9/2 20:05

• orgunozcu

• Not too shy to talk

me too...... I have some troubles on my site too.. somebody writes somithing but others see thet after 5 minites or 30 seconds.. and the cpu problems goes on... Why have i this problem?? A lot of people use xoops.. they say ok... why me?? what did i wrong?? please say?? there may be o way to solve this problem... i am waiting help of xoops.org's Admins..

And if it is impossible to solve this problem please say me... Because my site has some members.. and my site is closed half of day.. it is very bad for me..

Thanks for help..
www.cancer-aids.net

www.cinselliksaglik.com

www.konyaninsesi.com
www.xoopshocasi.com

wizanda
  • 2005/9/2 20:16

• wizanda

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/3/21

Ok the problem with the users seeing stuff is DON'T CACHE THINGS THAT ARE USED ALOT!!

Things that don't change much, stick on a long cache.

Read this article on caching

orgunozcu
  • 2005/9/2 20:35

• orgunozcu

• Not too shy to talk

i read it before.. i did all.. now cpu is still problem.. not too much but problem.. and now i dont have too much visitors and members.. in one they if i have 1000 or 2000 members and 100 150 visitor in one minites??? than what will be?? i think it will be an other way to solve this problem..

i m still waiting what the xoops.org's admins say?
i am from turkey.. and turkey very little people use xoops.. i asked some some of them about this problem.. Much of them have same problem..
www.cancer-aids.net

www.cinselliksaglik.com

www.konyaninsesi.com
www.xoopshocasi.com

Herko
  • 2005/9/2 21:17

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

xoops.org ran on a dual celeron 700 mhz machine with almost 200 concurrent users online (according to the who's online block). All xoo;s.org sites ran on the same machine, and when the cronjobs kicked in, the server was unreachable from time to time.

A lot of it depends on your server config tho, we use a php accellerator, cached queries in MySQL and a bit block caching.

XOOPS itself can (and WILL most definately) be faster and less resource hungry (see a recent post by Skalpa here). But there is a lot that needs to be taken into account.

Herko
XOOPS.org admin

LazyBadger

Quote:

orgunozcu wrote:
i m still waiting what the xoops.org's admins say?

I'm not xoops.org admin, I'm just long-time admin (and apache isn't my main toy) - I can only repeat my previous advice - you (or hoster) have to hire good, qualified admin, which can get max from existing server

Webmaster of
XOOPS2.RU
XOOPS Themes Exhibition

Login

Who's Online

237 user(s) are online (129 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 237

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits