Thanks for your reply. I will have a peek at your module this weekend

Martijn

MadFish
Re: Orders/Payments module
  • 2005/4/28 14:57

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

I'd love to see a module like this, it is one of the remaining 'gaps'.

One issue with PayPal is that it can be difficult for operators not based in the US to use - they won't allow funds to be withdrawn to banks in many countries (eg. Thailand !). If it could support a range of payment services (or at least be designed to be expandable later on) would be great.

wtravel

Yes, that is the idea . Is there a best alternative for paypal in Thailand?

gtop00
  • 2005/4/28 16:03

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/11/13

Quote:

wtravel wrote:
Yes, that would be the idea. The module should basically handle:

- Products and offers management
- Payment transactions
- Gateway management
- Reporting on orders/payments/products

Martijn

An additional request:
Could be possible to handle subscriptions too, (monthly or yearly) sending notifications on expiration to both sides?

davidl2
  • 2005/4/28 16:07

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Option to change usergroup status upon successful transaction?

gtop00
  • 2005/4/28 16:09

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
- Customers?
- Users? (log in and save having to re-type the same information)

Recommendation:

Registered users; should have an auto fill in feature
Customers; manual fill in (it is not necessary to register everybody, but keeping their non confidential data would be nice for later marketing use!)

Mithrandir

Quote:
Could be possible to handle subscriptions too, (monthly or yearly) sending notifications on expiration to both sides?

I have been thinking about that as well - but the whole point is to keep the payment process and customer separate from the product/service that is bought.

If done well, I imagine this to-be module would be able to work with another module so that the other module defines the product/service as a subscription (auto-assign to group on payment or whatever) while this module would only take care of the payment.

It would make this module suitable for a physical goods shop, a service provider, an automated music/download shop or a subscription service. But each of the mentioned ways would not need a module that incorporates music/downloads, services, subscriptions and physical goods AND the payment gateway - and individual modules for subscriptions, physical goods or music/downloads would not need to have the payment gateway in itself, only integrate with this payment module.

gtop00
  • 2005/4/28 16:20

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:

If done well, I imagine this to-be module would be able to work with another module so that the other module defines the product/service as a subscription (auto-assign to group on payment or whatever) while this module would only take care of the payment.

I agree as long as this to-be module WILL BE able to communicate with other modules handling goods or services or memberships.

Mithrandir

That's the whole idea. As I see it at least. This payment gateway module will not hold any information as to what is paid for, but only deal with who is paying and how much.

gtop00
  • 2005/4/28 16:41

• gtop00

• Friend of XOOPS

Quote:

This payment gateway module will not hold any information as to what is paid for, but only deal with who is paying and how much.

A small attention is also needed here. There must be a linkage between the amount paid and the reason for the payment, for taxation reasons. If we want to use XOOPS as a professional tool, we also have to consider the tax legislation.

I am very sorry for these may-be obvious suggestions, but it will be a pity to forget them.

Login

Who's Online

201 user(s) are online (140 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 201

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits