m0nty
Re: Theme Contest - You have 3 days to reply!
  • 2004/12/14 11:27

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

i vote TCo_Op_1, TCo_Op_2 & TCo_Op_4 :)

rowdie
  • 2004/12/14 11:30

• rowdie

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/7/21

I can't work out what the actual proposals are that we're supposed to be voting for. As far as I can tell, after having read through the 10 page thread you linked to, no-one really gave firm proposals... they were all still discussing it.

If you see 5 distinct sets of rules then please post them here, because this is still too abstract for me and I really want to be able to have my say too.

Rowd

irmtfan
  • 2004/12/14 11:42

• irmtfan

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/12/7

#5 contains all options
my vote : TCo_Op_2

JasonMR
  • 2004/12/14 11:54

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Sorry rowdy, I believed it to be quite obvious....hmmm, sorry for that...and acutally, I'm not sure what else I could add...

Let me try it this way:

(1) shall we have a contest, to have created and decide on 3 new themes for the next XOOPS release

(2) shall we have a contest, that has high expectations, but will also encourage newbees (regardin theme design), and is to be seen as an event to introduce the XOOPS Theme Forge (XTF), and get people to particpate in the XTF

(3) have a fun contest, in which anyone can participate, no matter what skill level, with reduced expectations

(4) more along (3) than (2), meaning an emphasis on getting as many to participate as possible, no matter what skill level, but with the intent to advertise and kick-start XTF, as monty is clearly in favour

(5) something that inlcudes all of the above

While reading especially the last 2 or 3 pages in the thread linked to, you will notice, that it had been mainly a discourse between me and brash, which led to the crystalisation of the above options.

Judging from the current input, it will be a reversed (4), meaning, less emphasis on getting EVERYONE to participate, and more on achieving quality themes.

Hope this clarifies!

@ limecity: sorry, but I need to push this one ahead! People don't want to wait much longer, and have been disappointed how this has been trodding along.

In the end, we have done this "poll" to get a "rough idea" how the community feels. It's no exercise in democracy!

BTW: 11'th of December was a Saturday

....having written this, if there are more people that feel the pole should be extended, I am willing to add another 48h (no more!!!), but only if there are more people that request this....

Ahhh, another thing, if anyone believes, this is a stupid idea, which shouldn't be persued....let us know

studioC
  • 2004/12/14 16:05

• studioC

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/7

perhaps it would have been easier to submit such a topic within the news-section. XOOPS growing has one disadvantage for me .. many new topics rushing through the recent topics block on startpage without having seen by me

if i find the time to dig in elder postings of forum i find very interesting topics, but mostly looking for unanswered questions where i might help ... perhaps we can run a contest who's topic is the fastest to past recent topics block without beeing answered

vote:
TCo_Op_4 :: Op Min-Mix and hopefully there are some within which might fit OP1 for a "default" theme [paket]

michael

JasonMR
  • 2004/12/14 20:24

• JasonMR

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/21

Thank You All for your input.....excitement is growing.....how much longer is their to go until XTF will open....how many days until the contest will be launched.....

WELL, now that we now how a rough average, regarding how the community feels ( ), those interested and willing can get down to work!

5 votes for Option 2
3 votes for Option 4
2 votes for Option 1

This means, get the bloody XTF going, and have a comp with it, but don't worry too much about the first time theme designers.

In the coming days we will launch a pre-sign up period, for those that want to participate. We need this information, so that we can convince sponsors to provide us with a nice price

The more sign up, the better the price will be!

Regards
JasonMR

Login

Who's Online

187 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 187

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits