pavant
Re:Removing
  • 2004/10/26 18:16

• pavant

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/10/20

Thanks for your advice, tl. I know that I only need to find the template file and get rid of the button there, and then later reactivate it for a short time just to download the poll results for myslef. I just figured smb must've already done it.

I'm new to XOOPS but I should say that I really like the way modules are implemented, and the community here is quite active. I'm sorry that I made an ass of myslef by cross-posting.

ackbarr

instead of moving the button outright, how about displaying it only for admins?

the following smarty pseudo-code should do the trick:

<{if $xoops_isadmin eq 1}>
<!--
Display Button-->
<{/if}>

ackbarr

Also, in the future, instead of berating a user because he (or she) breaks a rule of etiquette, politely explain to him or her the proper behavior and the reasons why. If they choose to ignore that polite advise, by all means flame away.

tl
  • 2004/10/26 18:25

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Don't know the reason of your doing that. It would be a major task for each poll - clone your template, change the template, update the template, then change the template back, update your template again. I am not sure if you want to do that. But why not showing results?

[edit]
template file
modules/xoopspoll/templates/blocks/xoopspoll_block_poll.html
at the end of the file, remove
<tr>
    <
td class="foot" align="center" colspan="2"><input type="submit" value="<{$block.lang_vote}>" /> <input type="button" value="<{$block.lang_results}>" onclick="location='<{$xoops_url}>/modules/xoopspoll/pollresults.php?poll_id=<{$poll.id}>'" /></td>
  </
tr>

then add it back

* Edit - changed the above to use the [ code ] block rather than a quote one

pavant
  • 2004/10/26 18:32

• pavant

• Just popping in

Quote:

tl wrote:
Don't know the reason of your doing that. It would be a major task for each poll - clone your template, change the template, update the template, then change the template back, update your template again. I am not sure if you want to do that. But why not showing results?

It's a class poll, in which the instructor wants students to select and rate 5 potential speakers for the class. He doesn't want the students to know the results because ultimately he can't guarantee that this speaker will be able to come to the class.

I'm also looking at open source PHP surveys that have the functionality that I am looking for (not only majority vote but also rating).

pavant
  • 2004/10/26 18:36

• pavant

• Just popping in

Thanks guys. This should help me.

m0nty
  • 2004/10/26 19:43

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

Quote:

pavant wrote:

I have also posted this question earlier but the friendly XOOPS community never bothered to respond in any way. At least I got some angry people this time :)

it's unfortunate nobody saw this thread.. i guess u found out the hard way..

unfortunately at times, people post and post all day and night here, so messages get pushed further down the page.. sometimes the people who can answer ur question aren't online, so when they do come online maybe a day later then ur message could have been pushed onto other pages down.. and unfortunately people just don't search through pages and pages of threads to check for messages.. it's too time consuming if you know what i mean..

my best advice is if you have a question, make sure it's posted in the correct forum, and the message title clearly states what ur after, if you don't get a reply in a couple of days then bump the topic to the top again and hope some1 sees it, instead of reposting the same question, you'll get a better response..

titles like, 'i'm a newbie help me' and things like that usually get pushed aside till after the others have been read and acknowledged.. not because there's a conspiracy against newcomers, but more of, it means the thread has to be opened to find out that the question being asked has been asked and answered repeatedly over the previous few months.. a clearly defined title will get a faster response than most..

davidl2
  • 2004/10/26 21:09

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Whoops - replied before I realised the thread had already been answered :)

(Glad I got the same solution as others though! :)

Login

Who's Online

220 user(s) are online (155 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 220

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits