jegelstaff
Re: Perl script for cloning WF-Channel

I should mention that this script was written for WF-Channel 1.06.

--Julian

P.S. Seems I made too many edits to my original post, newbb2 won't let me edit it anymore! Can someone please turn off whatever setting is preventing me from editing my own post, people should always be able to edit their own words.

LazyBadger

Quote:

jegelstaff wrote:
Renaming the search function is actually necessary in order to avoid a fatal error on the userinfo.php page of your site.

Slightly OT for this thread, but - maybe you can give some hints, how to find module in installed set, which have "serach function name" problem (except disabling all modules and enabling after it on module per step basis)?
I installed a lot of untested modules on my "XOOPS Modules Proving Ground" and got described you effect (empty userinfo)

jegelstaff

Quote:

LazyBadger wrote:
(except disabling all modules and enabling after it on module per step basis)

I'm afraid that's the best approach. The fundamental issue I discovered was that two modules can't have the same named search function. So if you look in the xoops_version.php files for all the modules and see two search functions named the same, then that would be a problem, and tell you which modules have the problem.

But you may be getting the same or a similar error for a different reason, so I would recommend turning the modules off one by one to see which is causing the problem.

Good luck,

--Julian

LazyBadger

Quote:

jegelstaff wrote:
I'm afraid that's the best approach. The fundamental issue I discovered was that two modules can't have the same named search function. So if you look in the xoops_version.php files for all the modules and see two search functions named the same, then that would be a problem, and tell you which modules have the problem.
Thanks, my modules are free from "search problem", thus - I'll continue exploration.
With your hint I wrote this easy and obvious checker, which, maybe can be useful to somebody

[root@bazaar]# grep -R -H "$modversion\['search'\]\['func'\]" .

must be srarted from modules-root, produces something like

./AMS/xoops_version.php:$modversion['search']['func'] = "ams_search";
./news/xoops_version.php:$modversion['search']['func'] = "news_search";
./xoopsfaq/xoops_version.php:$modversion['search']['func'] = "xoopsfaq_search";
./newbb/xoops_version.php:$modversion['search']['func'] = "newbb_search";
./soapbox/xoops_version.php:$modversion['search']['func'] = "sb_search";
./mydownloads/xoops_version.php:$modversion['search']['func'] = "mydownloads_search";
./mylinks/xoops_version.php:$modversion['search']['func'] = "mylinks_search";
./lykos_reviews/xoops_version.php:$modversion['search']['func'] = "lykos_reviews_search";
./myReviews/xoops_version.php:$modversion['search']['func'] = "myReviews_search";
./smartsection/xoops_version.php:$modversion['search']['func'] = "smartsection_search";

which can be reviewed easy

patagon
  • 2005/2/10 6:26

• patagon

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/1/8 0

Hi,

Can this script be used to clone wfsections? anyone tried it?

Thanks for the info

jegelstaff

This script is specifically written for wf-channel and will not work with any other module.

There is no reason in principle that something similar could not be written for wf-sections or any other XOOPS module, but each such script would have to be custom made since each module requires different changes in order to be cloned.

--Julian

jegelstaff
Re: Perl script for cloning WF-Channel - works with 1.07

I have just finished checking, and I am confident the script will work just fine with version 1.07 of wf-channel.

The only issue was whether new instances or variations on the wf-channel name had been introduced by any of the changes from 1.06. If there were any, the script would have had to be modified to account for them. But after a review of all the code changes, I don't believe there are any new instances or variations on the name.

The index.php file was modified extensively, but the search and replace operations that the script performs on that file should account for all the instances of the module name.

--Julian

giba
Re: PHP script for cloning WF-Channel - works with 1.07
  • 2005/6/20 10:43

• giba

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/4/26

Hi Xoopers, Clone perfect for WF-Channel Here.

Complete fields and submit.
The start download new module independent for WF-Channel.
All caracterist is found and credits for developers

Warning name "MAIUSCULOS" and "space".

Just moment was 50 clones generation.
This is for time limited.

http://www.xoopsmods.com.br/clones-xoops/clonador/xt-wfchannel/

Tutorial for outhers languages.

=========================================
Reproducer of Module - XT WFChannel Clone
=========================================

Name For the Module = Name for module, example: Canais or Conal, etc...

Name of the Folder = Attention, no space, example: canal or conal or chanel or outher, etc....

Name For the Table = Name for table in database, example: canal

Submit = The script start gerador and secounds start in your windows file ZIP with module.

Sorry my bad english.

[Edited Title for PHP - Giba]
PHP script for cloning WF-Channel - works with 1.07

davidl2
  • 2005/6/20 11:00

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Very clever work!

Can you submit this to www.wf-projects.com as well please?

many thanks

David

davidl2
  • 2005/6/20 11:01

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

Silly me - you already have

Thanks!

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits