pcmensch
Re: Looking for a good classified ads module
  • 2004/6/23 20:24

• pcmensch

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

I gave a better look to noah, seems really to be nice. Yes, I'd definately be very happy to be able to use it as a module. unfortunately im not skilled enough to do it myself... :(

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/23 20:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

pcmensh....I feel your pain. I am playing with this now...But I have no idea what I am doing. I can not figure out...it says you have to download the Noah, and PHP4....which makes no sense to me. I downloaded the PHP4...But I do not see how it can integrate with my website. It looks to me like an PHP editing tool. Maybe I am not seeing the full picture here.....Maybe someone will come along and help us both. I would love this on my site. I can use it on a subdomain and will just link it from my main site....

eq

damjam
  • 2004/6/23 21:46

• damjam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/30

You found it. Now install it on your server, configure it and you can run it as a separate application from Xoops. Make a custom block with a link to it from your XOOPS site and that's the best you'll be able to do.

As for PHP4, you'll need that installed on your server also to run Noah's Classifieds. But if you're talking on a XOOPS forum and using Xoops, you're already running PHP.
But that's not why I started this thread. I asked if anyone had tried to make a XOOPS module using Noah's Classifieds. From the response so far, I guess not.

As a separate application, your users will have to register and login separately with Noah to use it. Their XOOPS login won't work unless it's an integral module.

As a side note: Noah's Classifieds may be referred to as Noah and should not be confused with the new module available here called No-Ah (which name should be changed to avoid such confusion, IMHO).

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/23 22:04

• Anonymous

• Since:

damjam, do you know of any XOOPs websites with this NOAH integrated. I would love to see it in action. And as for this PHP4 I have no idea how this works. I am reading the install. sheet. and it is confusing me even more. I have the Classiified/Noah upload to my server already under the HTML....am I on the right track?

eq

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/23 22:23

• Anonymous

• Since:

I found this...

http://forum.postasite.net/InvisionBoard/index.php?s=eac0c1b58f5612dfdc1d6c80d9717957&showtopic=52&st=0&#entry76

that Phplinks, and Noah Classifieds..I would love to get on my site using subdomains.......

Anyone that knows how to integrate php on websites, please throw some insite on this.....

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/23 22:32

• Anonymous

• Since:

I also found these Classified PHP scripts

http://www.hotscripts.com/PHP/Scripts_and_Programs/Classified_Ads/General/

damjam
  • 2004/6/23 23:44

• damjam

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/30

No. I'm not aware of a module made from Noah so I'm also not aware of any XOOPS sites with Noah integrated. As I said, you'll have to run it as a separate application on your server with a link to it from your XOOPS site.

I can't help you with PHP, sorry. Read the documentation on the PHP website.

Ask your web host support for assistance on where to put Noah on your server.

Best luck... damjamjim

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/24 0:16

• Anonymous

• Since:

Well my friend told me that Post Nuke has an integated Noah Classified, along with many other modules. XOOPS I think should also have this module integrated. oh well.....

eq

domineaux
  • 2004/6/24 0:25

• domineaux

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2002/9/29

If you plan to have a large classifieds you should think about a standalone install of the Noah classifieds. Remember, if you had a version of Noah ported to XOOPS all those big files would be in the MySql of your XOOPS install. If an upgrade of either XOOPS or Noah comes out you can have some issues with your database, permissions,etc.

Does your Hosting provide Fantastico?

The Noah is included in the Fantastico install scripts.

If your webhosting doesn't have fantastico:

Ask your webhoster to install the noah for you. Do not put it inside your XOOPS folder on the server.

-----------------------------
public_html/xoops/index
public_html/classifieds/index

Use multi-menu XOOPS mod and hyper-link to the public_html/classifieds/index
-------------------------------

Your webhost should be glad to install the noah for you. It's not a big deal if you're familiar with Linux/apache/php

If you stay with this for a while you'll learn.

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/24 0:28

• Anonymous

• Since:

I have actually learned of this Fantastico today. I will check with host to see if I can get this feature. Also, If I install it on a subdomain, it will not effect my XOOPS site right?

Login

Who's Online

139 user(s) are online (85 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 139

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits