sylvainb
Re: XP-weather Station?
  • 2004/1/23 17:11

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2003/2/11

Brrrrr!!!!
To cold for me Islip!!
Snow all the next week and temperatures from 23°F max to 7°F mini.
All this to say it's okay for your station.
I'll email it to you very soon and after some feedback from you, think i'll submit it in download section of xoops.
Is that ok?

DonXoop

Another thanks for looking into the module. I was using it too until it suddenly started giving blank pages. it isn't a critical module for me but a nice to have.

For example we're having a race this weekend and people have to prepare their car for the conditions. Easy enough to check the radio but nice while in discussion.

And to make you shiver a bit more can you check Toronto, Ontario, Canada, and Woodstock Ontario? We've been really cold and even colder where the race is. Don't laugh but being a winter series race we're all hoping for lots of snow. No problem, it has been snowing almost every day where we are having the race

Thanks again.

sylvainb
  • 2004/1/23 20:30

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

Hello DonXoop.

I've just realized...your avatar is the subaru logo!
Sometimes i've got some crap in my eyes!
I can understand what you mean concerning xp-weather as I wanted it to plan some pedestrian excursions (theme of my french website).
So for:
- Canada/Ontario/Toronto --> OK
- Canada/Ontario/Woodstock --> sorry to tell you that this station isn't present in the module.
But I found it on msnbc.com and I'll try to have a look to include it if I can find the necessary informations to do it.
Thanks to you all for encouraging me.

Sylvain

rjc3000
  • 2004/1/24 4:19

• rjc3000

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/24

Sylvain,
I am also interested in the Weather module. I searched for the 1.4 version and got lost. I found your encouraging thread. If you would be so kind as to post an update when you get a chance I'd appreciate it! Thanks for your work,
Rob

carnuke
  • 2004/1/24 9:58

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

May be a silly question, but does this station work for the UK I want the city of Gloucester

PS BuddyFriends works a treat, Thank-you!!

Thanks Richard

sylvainb
  • 2004/1/24 13:28

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

Hello Richard.
I'm sorry to tell you that Gloucester,UK isn't present in the module's database.
I'm still searching to add some more stations/cities in it.
I have sent the 1.72 version to TurkClub and I'm preparing the 1.73 -> 1.8 one which will be more internationalized.
For example, admin will be able to choose the date's format displayed in the block : mm/dd/yy or dd/mm/yy.
Weather's conditions will also be displayed in the selected language in XOOPS (like it's the case for some images).
I also want to say to you all that I've opened a XOOPS dedicated forum onto my website.
Just follow this link, it'll be the place where you'll find downloads and some support for modules.

sylvainb
  • 2004/1/26 19:14

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

Hello everybody,
I'm back with some news.
As I was tired to find a way to add some stations in XP-Weather, I decided to keep it left side and (hope it'll be a great news ) to port MS-Weather (a nuke module) to our favourite CMS --> XOOPS v2!
After spending all my week-end on it, it's finish and ready to use.
I'm just waiting for the approval of the original coder to release it.
The difference between XP-Weather and MS-Weather...users can't choose their own station (but they can view all) and of course all stations in it are fully working.
Woodstock,Canada, Islip,New York, Gloucester,UK and so more...
A station isn't present in the database?
Don't worry, you can add it simply. Of course she must be present in the database of the original website.
There's a block showing the weather of the default station with the ability to change the station (not to store it I repeat).
In the admin section of the module, you can change the default temperature (°C or °F), type of cache (minutes, hours or days) and time's cache.
It's also the place where you can add/delete/edit stations and make one of them the default station.
As I've already said, to release it I'm only waiting for the response of the original author of this script.
Don't know if you have an expression for this in english, but here is a litteral translation of a french one :
I hope to have put to you water at the mouth!
Hope those lines sounds like good news to some of us.

Sylvain

P.S: I'm still waiting for some feedback from TurkClub about XP-Weather. Please let me know if it's also working for you.

carnuke
  • 2004/1/26 21:37

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

Je comprends ce que voulez dire vous, nous dis en anglais, <<'qu'est une proposition l'arrosage de bouche '>>( It is a mouth watering proposition!). J'attends avec intérêt le relâchement

Merci, Syvainb

Richard

sylvainb
  • 2004/1/26 22:10

• sylvainb

• Not too shy to talk

Ok, let's go for fresh news.
I just received the answer from the original author and...it's ok for him if I leave all copyrights intact.
Like it's the case, like always (I can't imagine appropriate myself something it isn't mine), I'm going to release the module at least on wednesday (perhaps earlier, I don't know).
Just some few days to ensure myself that all is ok.
Is that ok for you or will it be too long?

Sylvain B.

jctsup1
  • 2004/1/27 3:02

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

Are you aware that MSNBC & Accuweather are no konger providing free feeds? You have to sign up with them in order to pull a feed from them ..... I tested several differt cities in both the US & Canada from your sie and from Turkclubs site and they all come back with :

(connection failed (2))

You may be able to get feeds for europe but feeds for the US & Canada have been shut down.

Just thougt you'guys would want to know ...

Login

Who's Online

153 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 153

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits