Per4orm
Re: Forum debates and locked topics
  • 2003/11/25 5:25

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Quote:

People want DOCs and road maps, we're working on this, look at this news article:

Want documents? Help us!

We need help aswell there are things people can do to help, but I don't see many replys there.

Maybe not everyone replies via the forums... I myself contacted Horacio by email and am one of the all new, four strong documentation team.

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/25 5:29

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

Quote:

Accepted, we're all friends here, I'm sure we won't aways agree, but we can agree to disagree

My sentiments exactly!

Quote:

Quote:
I was in fact raising issues - stimulating thoughtful debate and stating my opinion, not making criticisms. So there! And put your tongue away, it doesn't attract me in the slightest.

All I can say to that is pmsl, do you like my avatar does she attract you.

Dunno, she looks like a bit of a bitch.

Quote:

Quote:
Stop greasing

mmmmmmmmm, ok, but mvandam is a excellent person, so and speaks true words so I have to agree

I said, STOP greasing!

Quote:

Quote:
By the way - don't you ever sleep either then?

me never, I work a full time job, full time self employed, and currently recovering from a operation, so thought I would spend much quality time helping where I can on Xoops, also have a few problems with other families health issues too.

Ah - welcome to the club!

tom
  • 2003/11/25 5:36

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

So we're all friends now, lol.

Oi that me girlfriend your talking about, lol 9Tell tell her I said that though.

I'm not greasing but mvandam is truely wounderful person, as are a lot of people on here.

Club didn't know we had one, lol, I see your in the UK too, ermm where abouts and what you do.

Infact now we're sorted here we can chat via PM.

hsalazar
  • 2003/11/25 6:09

• hsalazar

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/2/6 1

Fellow Xoopsers (vB3Dev: that includes you as long as you're here):

In my opinion, locking a thread or closing a debate is not meant to supress discussion. It's the only resource a moderator has to make a pause when things start getting out of hand. And when it comes to our own preferences we all get a little carried away sometimes. So it's a sound practice, as long as it doesn't happen every day.

These forums are indeed to discuss issues, to argue, to defend our preferences and to do many more things: to solve a problem, to learn a new technique, to build community, in a word. But discussion also has a few rules, and a valuable rule is the one that states a good discussion gives you food for thought (of course: I just made this rule).

As we've seen here, it's actually very easy to provoke a reaction; it's easy to make some people angry. But the fact that it's easy doesn't mean it's correct or should be allowed. And this goes both ways. In order to start a fight, you need two parties.

My 2 cents. I'm willing to listen to everybody with a sound argument. I'm deaf to adjectives, to name calling, to unsubstantiated axioms, to loud dogma in whatever form it adopts. I gladly help those who ask; I listen to those who dialogue and I expect all this to be an enjoyable experience.

So, please, we're all around here because we believe XOOPS gives us all something. As a product, we know XOOPS it's far from perfect, and we're doing our best to improve it. And since this is no commercial software, my bet is it can only be improved through a collective effort. I wish we can all find in this effort a satisfying and enrichable experience.

Cheers.

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/25 6:17

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

Horacio:

Much as I agree with what you've just said, I think you might have misinterpreted most of what was being said here - Tim and I, for example, were having a friendly debate and jokingly taking the piss out of one another!

No arguments in this thread!

Gareth

tom
  • 2003/11/25 6:29

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

Quote:

Per4orm wrote:
Horacio:

Much as I agree with what you've just said, I think you might have misinterpreted most of what was being said here - Tim and I, for example, were having a friendly debate and jokingly taking the piss out of one another!

No arguments in this thread!

Gareth

This is true but I feel hsalazar was refering to the earlier posts and other threads today/yesterday.

I do also agree with all stated by hsalazar re other posts and threads.

Any way this is simply a learning process too, and that my friends we're all here to do

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/25 6:34

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

Damnit Tim, can't you just let me be right for once?

Login

Who's Online

162 user(s) are online (84 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 162

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits