tom
Re: Releasing GPL software
  • 2003/11/23 21:43

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

light is purely a E-mail service using one account - Catch all and the pro is it's only mail server I believe, so kinda like SQmail except people can register and create accounts like hotmail.

I would think the lite version be better for most users as this is more like B1gmail and works on most servers.

Hope this is of help.

tom
  • 2003/11/23 21:46

• tom

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/9/21

in reply Pro:

# SMTP server
# POP3 server
# Webmail client

Lite:

Is a powerful web-based email php software that allows you to offer personal email accounts to your website site visitors which is a good way to turn your visitors into members. The powerful combination of the PHP scripting language and the scalable MySQL database makes SocketMail Lite something your visitors would enjoy! Packed with all the great features users expect, SocketMail Lite is the perfect solution for professional and personal sites.

Hope this is of help.

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/23 22:30

• Anonymous

• Since:

Draven
  • 2003/11/24 17:01

• Draven

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/5/28

Where can I DL it? It says it's $99 on your website. I can'ty seem to find a link for DL. I'd like to have a peek at the code and see how hard it'll be to intergrate.

Draven
  • 2003/11/24 17:05

• Draven

• Module Developer

Quote:

vB3Dev wrote:
I would love to have it ported to XOOPS believe me. BUT i do not know how to do it. If you want to do one I will give you permission to use whatever code is needed for the module provided it is not a whole lot, and if you want to sell the module on the side you may do so, or give it away free.

email me at webmaster@phplords.com if you are interested in doing it and if you need 2.2.0 I'll email you a copy which you can use for the mod AND for one website you want to use it on, just don't give it out to anyone else.

Max

Nevermind. I just realised you want people to pay for it even after it's converted to a module. I'll stick with the one I'm building for free.

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/24 17:52

• Anonymous

• Since:

I do NOT want SocketMail Lite converted to a Mod. I want an integration mod not a porting, that is all.

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/24 18:03

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

Max, I don't think you quite understand what is involved in integrating a mod. This may have been the whole reason you got so worked up about the vB3 issue.

When an application is integrated into Xoops, much of the core code of the initial application has to be altered. This is to change the way that functions are called, to fit in with Xoops' templating system, database handling, integration to the XOOPS user list etc etc etc. IT WILL ALWAYS BE A PORT. You can't simply create a "module" that acts as a bridge between the two applications as you seem to think - the original application MUST be altered and MUST be distributed with modifcations (normally quite substantial) in order for the integration to work.

Anonymous
  • 2003/11/24 18:10

• Anonymous

• Since:

That is NOT true at all. If that is how YOU guys do things it is because YOU guys want to do it that way. BUT it is not the only way it can be done and Integration does not mean all integrated products must use the same templates.

You can very easely fix it so when people register on XOOPS they also get a SocketMail account and when they log into one they are loged into both.

So it does not have to be a Mod per se, it can simply be called an Integration hack/Module. Please don't asume we are all idiots and don't know anything.

I was talking about Integration mod not porting mod.

Besides, SocketMail Lite is skinable and the XOOPS temaplate system can be integrated into SocketMail very easy.

Per4orm
  • 2003/11/24 18:17

• Per4orm

• Documentation Writer

• Since: 2003/11/14

You have a habit of talking about how "easy" things are.

If they're so f'ing easy, why not just do them yourself? All of a sudden not so easy right?

Draven
  • 2003/11/24 18:25

• Draven

• Module Developer

I have no interest in helping you make more money by charging our community. I'll continue with development of a FREE POP e-mail client thanks.

And YOU sir are wrong, it's messy and horrible coding practices and a nightmare to code having TWO user tables. Sheesh! We want modules, not HACKS!

Login

Who's Online

133 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 133

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits