Kainaij
efqDirectory Vs. MX-Directory...fight!
  • 2005/4/22 16:51

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/5

Kidding about the fight thing but, what does MX have that efq won't? Vice Versa?

I know that Wtravel partially answered the vice versa elsewhere, but from a strictly mandarin to navel oranges comparison, what features will each other not have. Where will each directory module's strength lie?

tripmon
Re: efqDirectory Vs. MX-Directory...fight!
  • 2005/4/22 16:55

• tripmon

• Module Developer

• Since: 2004/2/28

mx-dir CHANGELIST

Kainaij
  • 2005/4/22 18:00

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

Thank you for the reply. My question was twofold:

1) What features will each other not have?

2) Where will each directory module's strength lie?

wtravel

Hi Kainaij,

The key differences I mentioned earlier still stand . If you would like I can make a benchmark of features later on, but first I would like to finish the first release.

efqDirectiry will have at least all the features that MxDirectory currently has.

Best wishes,

Martijn

Btw, as far as I am concerned, tripmon and I are not competing with the two modules. We are both offering the features which the community asked for. For many users, mxDirectory will be all they need, and some may want to use the extra functionality efqDirectory will offer.

Peekay
  • 2005/4/22 20:24

• Peekay

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/11/20

I recently installed Xdirectory. I like it, but I would welcome any alternative that removed the bizarre feature that enables absolutely anyone to submit an update for an existing listing. I whinged about it here.

wtravel

Peekay,

Only a listing owner and the admin should have the rights to edit a listing in efqDirectory. Depending on the admin config settings an update by the listing owner should be approved by the admin.

Tripmon mentioned he will try to implement this in his next release of mxDirectory as well.

Regards,

Martijn

Kainaij
  • 2005/4/23 9:12

• Kainaij

• Quite a regular

Quote:

Btw, as far as I am concerned, tripmon and I are not competing with the two modules. We are both offering the features which the community asked for. For many users, mxDirectory will be all they need, and some may want to use the extra functionality efqDirectory will offer.

This I am aware of and am sorry if my original post conveyed any sense of competition. In fact I believe tripmon offered you full access to his code.

My original intent for this post was to gauge which segments of the target audience each of you are focusing on. This would give me a good idea on whether or not I choose one over the other.

Thanks.

wtravel

Hi,

Comparing current features efqDirectory will be better equiped for web site owners who:

- wish to have a lot of flexibility in category fields (unlimited number of fields per category);
- wish to have an mini portal page for designated categories (with possibility to add text to a category page).
- wish to give users the option to browse by location (with parent/child structure in an easy to use location management section);

Best wishes,

Martijn

animas
  • 2005/4/29 19:07

• animas

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2005/1/30

Quote:

- wish to have a lot of flexibility in category fields (unlimited number of fields per category);

Does it mean user can add multiple customized fields to each category and subcategory(like Noah Classifieds)?

DogTags
  • 2005/4/29 20:32

• DogTags

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/12/4

Where can we get efqDirectory?

I can't seem to find a download.

Many thanks

Login

Who's Online

222 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 222

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits