LazyBadger
XOOPS mascot

Any progress in this area?... and I think foX isn't best possibe choice, because well-known FireFox have well-known fox

Herko
Re: XOOPS mascot
  • 2005/4/8 15:43

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Really? Mozilla has a fox (tail, mostly) in the logo, but that's about it. The chouce for an animal with an X in it's name is apparent, the color orange is too. The fox is fast, smart (to the point of cunning), caring for it's own, able to work alone or in groups... an animal with as mythical characteristics as the firebird (which died but did not rise from it's ashes this time), and still lives in the modern world.

What would you suggest? A lazy badger perhaps ? I'm always open to suggestions, but they have to be motivated with good and solid arguments

Herko

LazyBadger

Ok, ok...
I thought some time about lynx (orange lynx, if you think color is important). From my POV from the animal's side XOOPS is more Lynx (power, hidden, dangerous for enemies).
When we can expect to see X-Fox?!

JulioNC
  • 2005/4/8 16:54

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/10/8

[b]What’s a Firefox?[/b]

A “Firefox” is another name for the [url=http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_panda]Red panda[/url].

Link( (Spanish)

Resized Image

carlmcdade
  • 2005/4/8 17:16

• carlmcdade

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/7 2

How about three or four animal shapes which represent guile, flexiblity, strength and adaptability. Using the 'Zoo' phonetic?

Resized Image

JulioNC
  • 2005/4/8 17:20

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

nice. Resized Image

uhmm...
Resized Image

JulioNC
  • 2005/4/8 18:09

• JulioNC

• Quite a regular

Herko
  • 2005/4/8 18:12

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

Hold on there. The 'I'm open for suggestions' part was accompanied by 'good arguments', not 'lets put everything up for suggestion!'. SO pleease, no more postings (it doesn't help the process of creating a real mascot).

I'll post the fox mascot proposals here tonight. They're made by a friend of Herve's, a very good artist.

Herko

Herko
  • 2005/4/8 18:28

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

ok, these are all created by Tony 'Artiste, a friend of Herve's (to whom goes all the credits for this work!)

Resized Image

Resized Image

Resized Image

My thoughts: I like the first one best, but I think it needs to be 'cooler', more 'self-confident' I think. It's hard to explain...

Herko

carlmcdade
  • 2005/4/8 18:45

• carlmcdade

• Just popping in

• Since: 2005/4/7 2

Okay here's my pitch.

I still think lots of animals representing all of the popular FOSS around is the way to go. The 'Zoo' part of the name just sticks and with the right graphic makes a hard impact on the memory.

With the coming of the ADOdb layer for all the db systems that are represented by animals (Heck you could even work in the MSN butterfly for MS products). The possible plug-ins to browsers and other software that use animals as mascots this is a natural marketing gimick. Even O'reilly would be pushing 'Zoo'ps as they are known for their animal covers.

The graphic does not have to be distinct for certain animals like my drawing. But an outline or silhouette would be perfect.

Login

Who's Online

166 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 166

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Mar 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits