Ruddle
XCGallery Configuration
  • 2004/7/30 13:19

• Ruddle

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/11/10

I have XOOPS running on XP professional. IIS 5. Works great.

I am having a problem though with the configuration of XCgallery. I installed ImageMagic and added the path to the congfig page. I found that when ever a backslash is added, the module adds additional backslashes (perhaps as escape characters) each time the preference file is submitted. For instance, the Path to ImageMagick field has:

c:\\\\\\Program Files\\\\\\ImageMagick\\\\\\

The backslashes are also being added to the forbidden charachters field.

This may be having an impact on the error message I am getting when I try an upload a photo:

"The picture 'albums/userpics/10001/image.jpg' can't be inserted in the album. Error executing ImageMagick - Return value: -1"

Any ideas?

Stewdio
Re: XCGallery Configuration
  • 2004/7/30 15:43

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

I don't have a solution as to why the extra backslashes are being added. I've purposely avoided IIS since it first came to being.

As for the error you get, probably a dumb question, but do you have read/write access set to your userpics folders and all sub folders?

I've gotten this errors numerous times with ImageMagick, I like it, but it never never likes me. I've been forced to use GD libraries and with much greater success,(so far it has never failed me) both version 1 and 2.

Also worth considering is netpbm, although you will need to configure this library yourself and supply a path in your gallery preferences. Again, I have no clue how this library works with IIS, but I have had limited success with it on Apache based servers.

In sumation, both GD library versions have been rock solid on every server/website that I have had to work on. Not as many options as ImageMagick, but reliable.

Login

Who's Online

206 user(s) are online (123 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 206

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits