Wolfseye
Cookies & Forum Stuff
  • 2004/7/30 6:40

• Wolfseye

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/29

Hi...

I have a problem with my Site. Even if the people do enable COOKIES FOR 1 YEAR in their preferences, the only thing saved in this Cookie is their User Name.

They have to enter their password anytime new again. It is not saved in the cookie and this sucks....

And 2nd, is it possible to make the Reply View in the Forum, normally shown as all replys below the Thread in Short View, with just the Headlines, more normal, with Full View.

In German translation there is a FLACH (Flat) Link below a thread to switch the reply View from Flat (just Reply Headlines are shown) or not Flat, where all replys are shown in full view. This is normal in all other Forums, that I know, phpbb and stuff.

This Short view sucks... Can it be changed permanet ? In the templates of NEWBB maybe ? I would appreciate any kind of help. ;)

Wolfseye

Herko
Re: Cookies & Forum Stuff
  • 2004/7/30 7:09

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

Wolfseye wrote:
I have a problem with my Site. Even if the people do enable COOKIES FOR 1 YEAR in their preferences, the only thing saved in this Cookie is their User Name.

They have to enter their password anytime new again. It is not saved in the cookie and this sucks....

Storing a password in a cookie is considered EXTREMELY unsafe. A cookie can be easily read by any website (as that is the main purpose of a cookie), and the username/password combination can then be easily stolen from your computer. The Store cookie for 1 year is just to remember the username (but many browsers remember form fields nowadays, so it isn't really a nessecary feature anymore).

If you want auto-login, do a search for the autologin hack on the forums.

Herko

Login

Who's Online

183 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 183

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits