brian100
x7 chat untested auth mod
  • 2004/7/29 4:52

• brian100

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/7 2

hhttp://www.x7chat.com/download.php

Notice the remarks about an untested mod (authoriztion?) mod for xoops.

I'd really like a good chat setup--and searching XOOPS doesn't seem to reveal a lot of users that are happy with the mods available for download on xoops.org.

Anyone know anything about this?
Brian

IsamuM
Re: x7 chat untested auth mod
  • 2004/8/2 11:24

• IsamuM

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/8/1 8

I've been looking for a chat module to use with XOOPS that can handle Japanese (i.e., two-byte characters), so I tried x7chat out. Though the chat system itself is pretty good and customizable, XOOPS integration leaves a bit to be desired.

- x7chat takes over the entire browser window.

- Upon logging out of x7chat, you are taken to the x7chat login screen, and there is no way to get back to Xoops, except by using your Favorites or Bookmarks.

- Japanese is correctly displayed in the main message screen, but Japanese user names are corrupted.

I've also paid my $5.00 for Flashchat on the off chance that it can display Japanese, but it can't. However, the programmer says that it will be able to handle "all Asian languages" with version 3.9 which should be out "very soon." In order to give him some incentive, I offered my services and translated the interface into Japanese and sent it to him.

I'll keep x7chat installed for now, but once Flashchat 3.9 is out, I'll switch over b/c of the far better XOOPS integration.

Login

Who's Online

500 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 500

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Oct 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits