chrometuna
Image pushing content to bottom in wfsections?
  • 2004/7/24 11:52

• chrometuna

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/24

I am as happy as a schoolgirl in her first training bra with the ubc liquid theme and tabsmod.

As per a suggestion I picked up here, I am using wfsections as my "news sections" and linking them to tabs.

http://www.topekadiy.com/xoops//modules/wfsection/

I had a problem with ONE of the sections (local news) where IF I have an image that goes with that section, then then content gets pushed WAY down to the bottom of the page, giving the appearence of there being no content.

I removed the image, and the content popped back up to the top where it was supposed to be.

But I also have a similar issue with wfchannel, where I wanted to put a block (recent forum topics) onto a wfchannel page to link to from a tab. And the same thing happened.
http://www.topekadiy.com/xoops/modules/wfchannel/index.php?pagenum=4

It also seems to stretch the width of the page out.

What causes this? And how do I fix it.

ONE issue Ive looked around this forum but havnt found it addressed yet, is the ability to display blocks in something like a wfchannel page?

I dont want the "recent posts" and "most popular posts" blocks on any of the pages, but I want that info easily available to my users...so it makes sense to me to put them on a wfchannel page, but Im new, I dont know how to do that.

Seems to me that the html for those block should be able to be put into the page and it would show the block? Right?

Thanks for any help or info!

Cheers!

Catzwolf
Re: Image pushing content to bottom in wfsections?
  • 2004/7/24 12:49

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

chrometuna wrote:
I am as happy as a schoolgirl in her first training bra with the ubc liquid theme and tabsmod.

As per a suggestion I picked up here, I am using wfsections as my "news sections" and linking them to tabs.

http://www.topekadiy.com/xoops//modules/wfsection/

I had a problem with ONE of the sections (local news) where IF I have an image that goes with that section, then then content gets pushed WAY down to the bottom of the page, giving the appearence of there being no content.

I removed the image, and the content popped back up to the top where it was supposed to be.

But I also have a similar issue with wfchannel, where I wanted to put a block (recent forum topics) onto a wfchannel page to link to from a tab. And the same thing happened.
http://www.topekadiy.com/xoops/modules/wfchannel/index.php?pagenum=4

It also seems to stretch the width of the page out.

What causes this? And how do I fix it.

ONE issue Ive looked around this forum but havnt found it addressed yet, is the ability to display blocks in something like a wfchannel page?

I dont want the "recent posts" and "most popular posts" blocks on any of the pages, but I want that info easily available to my users...so it makes sense to me to put them on a wfchannel page, but Im new, I dont know how to do that.

Seems to me that the html for those block should be able to be put into the page and it would show the block? Right?

Thanks for any help or info!

Cheers!

I think you may need to take a closer look at your theme. You will have noticed that there are other problems around your website (Newbb).

Try using another theme to verify this.

chrometuna
  • 2004/7/25 0:40

• chrometuna

• Just popping in

Quote:
I think you may need to take a closer look at your theme. You will have noticed that there are other problems around your website (Newbb).
Try using another theme to verify this.

OK, I tried with a couple of different themes (Aside from phpkaox, which I had previously fubar'd) and things still look basicly the same to me.

On the newbb page, are you talking about how the right-side blocks dont sit nicely along the side, and seem to squish the center content around? I'd like to fix that!

I know there are some funky design/content things going on with the site...I'm still working on it.

So if I am getting the same basic problems with different themes, then that means it is not a themes problem, correct?

Maybe you are seeing something that I am not as far as "problems"?

I enabled theme selection on my site, if anyone cares to go take a look and give me some feedback and take a whack at helping me figure out some of these problems.

http://www.topekadiy.com/xoops/

(Also: phpkaox theme is screwed cause I messed with it and its style sheets...so THATS not really a "problem" its just me screwing things up...if it looks fine by the time you get there, it is because I re-installed that theme.)

Thanks a lot! I dig this community!

Cheers

chrometuna
  • 2004/7/27 12:51

• chrometuna

• Just popping in

I tried with other themes, and same thing.

I think this is also an issue with IE, as it isnt as bad with firefox.

whats the deal?

Cheers!

sbkiller
  • 2004/7/27 20:49

• sbkiller

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/6/9 2

I know why it happen to mine but I fixed it by using a different table design.

It's not your image push it down it's your cells pushing other cells down due the colspan="#" it's set a specific numbers so it just max it out then it push it down.

All you need to do it's to open your theme.html

Look into your:

Left Column
Center Column
Right Column

Put a table around each Column.
<table>
<
tr>

The Column's codes here

</tr>
</table>

This method will seperate the three column that will not bullying each other.

chrometuna
  • 2004/8/2 20:29

• chrometuna

• Just popping in

Quote:

sbkiller wrote:

All you need to do it's to open your theme.html

Look into your:

Left Column
Center Column
Right Column

Put a table around each Column.
<table>
<
tr>

The Column's codes here

</tr>
</table>

This method will seperate the three column that will not bullying each other.

OK, I gave this a try, but I am not sure it has really had an effect...but somehow the site seems to load slower.

Anyone else care to take a look and let me know about it?
http://www.topekadiy.com/xoops/

Login

Who's Online

254 user(s) are online (183 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 254

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits