JMorris
Re: Awesome for newbie!
  • 2004/7/27 15:13

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2004/4/11

I would also like to express my gratitude for your efforts JackJ. Your work has simplified the support I offer to my clients enormously. Well done hardly seems adequate.

If you are in need of a mirror for your documentation project, I would be happy to assist.

Best Regards.

kenmcd
Why is XoopsForDummies still not on the documentation site?
  • 2004/7/27 18:33

• kenmcd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

Something is not being said here - and needs to be.
What is the problem with the documentation people?

Why is XoopsForDummies still not on the documentation site?
That is where the majority of XOOPS users would find it.
Not hidden in some post.

XoopsForDummies is far more complete then anything currently on the XOOPS documentation site.
Xoops Documentation people - Why would you ignore, turn-down any helpful FREE documentation?

There must be some EGO thing going on here because there cannot be any other reason this excellent resource is not available to the XOOPS community in the most obvious place to find it.

I'd love to hear a response from the documentation people.
Any response.

Obviously the documentation project could use some fresh input.
How about opening the documentation site registration the
same way the development site has been opened?
The documentation site was opened 2004/1/21 . . . 7 months ago.
One draft document was released 2004/4/8 . . . ~4 months ago.

Provide the Visual Introduction source file and I would be glad to at least put the section headings on the same page as the content (widows and orphans control is lacking) and make sure the explanatory content is on the same page as the related image.
Given that this "draft" is almost four months old I would assume there has been some feedback to incorporate into a new draft or even a final document.
Given that the documentation site is locked-up, how does someone even comment or contribute - through the Contact Us form?
So much for collaborative development.

Yes, I know this post is inflamatory - it needs to be.
Someone needs a fire lighted under them.
Let's be honest - the documentation project is stalled or dead.

JackJ - THANK YOU for the obviously MANY hours you put into the best XOOPS documentation currently available.

IncommingForce
Re: Why is XoopsForDummies still not on the documentation site?

I have to agree with you on this.

How long will it take? It has now been nearly a year since all these so called glory projects taken place and we have seen nothing to indicate that anything has been happening.

No new modules, no new documents, no new themes (How long to take to create new theme but we still using same theme here?) but people are leaving all the time! Onokazu, Catzwolf and many other peoples all the time.

How long will it take before we all see new things happening, without us being promised them over and over again?

davidl2
  • 2004/7/27 20:55

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

[snip]

comments incorrect as lost thread of post

IncommingForce

Quote:

davidl2 wrote:
Things are always being developed - but not everything appears here first.

Where?

How longs does it take for a massives team of developers that XOOPS has to delivers modules, documents. it has been a year now and ntohings?

davidl2
  • 2004/7/27 21:17

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

I misread the post - please ignore my comments.

JMorris
  • 2004/7/27 22:01

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

//begin rant
Whoa! I know I'm pretty new here, but in the short time I've been active on this site, I've seen the Devs do a LOT!

My philosophy is this...

The XOOPS community can sit around and complain about the work of the few who are contributing...
~OR~
We as a community to pull together and contribute to the cause.

A large portion of the Devs time is ate up answering newb questions and moderating this forum. Many of said Devs have jobs and lives outside of Xoops. So it's taking some time to get things done right. SO WHAT!

I personally would rather see the Devs take their time and get it right, rather than rush to get out the next release to appease the whiners.

If you're contributing to XOOPS in any positive way... I thank you.

If you're a XOOPS user who would like to contribute, but don't know that much about programming... Read the how-tos and documents that are available, and help answer the question of those that come after you. Or just make a cash donation, at least.

If you're just a leacher that sits around and complains about what is not being done... how about pitchin in instead of complaining.
//end rant

davidl2
  • 2004/7/27 22:05

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

I think the people that contribute in any form or other - modules, documents or core code... are really very talented people who all deserver congratulations for their hard effort!

(A special thanks to all those wonderful people - who can be found in my sig in particular ... ie the WF-Sections Team - and Jack - who's guide has helped me a fair few times :) )

kenmcd
  • 2004/7/27 22:25

• kenmcd

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/8 1

JMorris,

I am specifically discussing XoopForDummies and the XOOPS documentation project.
The XOOPS project is excellent and I, and many others, thank the many generous contributors.

Again:
I offer to update and publish the Visual Introduction.
Give me access to the documentation site, the original docs, the comments, and I will have it out in ONE WEEK.

Give me access to the documentation site and I will have XoopsForDummies on there available for download within 24 HOURS.

OK?

JMorris
  • 2004/7/27 22:33

• JMorris

• XOOPS is my life!

I understood that you were offering to help. I thank you for your offer, and I hope that the powers that be take you up on it.

My "rant" is not aimed at those who do, or offer to do. It is aimed at those who neither contribute, nor offer to contribute, but still want to complain. Which, happens quite often.

Login

Who's Online

128 user(s) are online (92 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 128

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits