NWilson159
Problem With Logging In (Sessions Not Showing)
  • 2004/7/25 15:05

• NWilson159

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/25

Hello-

I'm a newbie to XOOPS and am having some problems with logging in. I'm running on a server w/ IIS 6 on Win Server 2k3 with PHP 4.3.7. My problem is that whenever I log in, it says I'm logged in and redirects me back to the home page, but I'm not logged in again. The URL has a "?" at the end, but the session query/id isn't showing up at all. I tried looking through the PHP files to see if I could find the problem myself, but I couldn't find any problems that would lead to it. If it helps any, my host has the session name set to "sid" by default. I'm not new to PHP or MySql at all (the reason I'm using XOOPS is I lack the time at this point to code my site, atleast if I wanted it to run halfway decently or secure). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

- - Nick Wilson
AIM: NickWilson159
YIM: TAMR159
MSN: roosevelt@frontiernet.net

Herko
Re: Problem With Logging In (Sessions Not Showing)
  • 2004/7/25 20:08

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Are you running a software firewall when trying to log in? Add your site to the trusted sites list or try and disapble the firewall. HTTP HEADERs are blocked by the firewall, and this block the XOOPS referrer check. More info on this in the 'search' of these forums, as well as the wiki.

Herko

NWilson159
  • 2004/7/26 18:04

• NWilson159

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/25

No, I don't have any software firewalls running (had the MS one running for a while, but I honestly don't think it really does anything). I added it to my trusted sites list and set the level to minimum, but I still recieve the same problem. If it helps any, the site can be found at http://www.csx-net.com. PHP info can be found at http://web.csx-net.com:81/phpinfo.php. I know it's the server since I tried a basic session login test that worked on several other servers, but doesn't work on this one (in that case, I suppose I shouldn't be posting for help here).

zoullou
  • 2004/7/26 18:20

• zoullou

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/3/2 0

Some poeple have logging in probleme with XOOPS but they haven't this probleme with other CMS or forum like phpBB. Can it be a specific XOOPS probleme ?

Login

Who's Online

180 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 180

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits