AliJay
Games Databse
  • 2004/4/26 14:54

• AliJay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/31

I would like a module that stores some information about a game but it also searches through the news section and my reviews section for articles about the game and displays them at the bottom.

Could anybody either help me make one(teach me)? or just make one? please

bmmolloy
Re: Games Databse
  • 2004/4/26 15:02

• bmmolloy

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/4/21

The articles module found here might help you.

I used that for a while for Movie and Music reviews, but it can be used for anything.

It also includes a recent articles block that you could display on your main page or on the articles page itself.

I've found that most things you want to display in your XOOPS page can be accomplished using pre-made modules.

AliJay
  • 2004/4/26 15:27

• AliJay

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/31

Ok i have that but what i want is a game database that is just a really long list of games when you open up a game you have a brief amount of information like release dated, developer, publisher, brief description of game and box-art then underneath it searches through news(looking for the keywords gametitle), the reviews section and puts them underneath so that people can see news and reviews etc

or failing this how do i put html functionality into this module here

Digiegirl
  • 2004/7/24 6:09

• Digiegirl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

I'd like to see a game database module as well. I use WF-Sections for my articles, but I would like a separate module for a game database which would have the features you described plus ratings for the games. I'm thinking of using the myreviews module, but waiting till it's released to see if it will fit what I need.

But if anyone is interested in making such a module that would be fantastic. My knowledge of php is zero...though probably time I should learn!

Catzwolf
  • 2004/7/24 12:53

• Catzwolf

• Home away from home

• Since: 2007/9/30

Quote:

Digiegirl wrote:
I'd like to see a game database module as well. I use WF-Sections for my articles, but I would like a separate module for a game database which would have the features you described plus ratings for the games. I'm thinking of using the myreviews module, but waiting till it's released to see if it will fit what I need.

But if anyone is interested in making such a module that would be fantastic. My knowledge of php is zero...though probably time I should learn!

The new version of WF-Section already has this ability =)

Digiegirl
  • 2004/7/25 2:10

• Digiegirl

• Just popping in

• Since: 2002/8/23

Hi wfsection,

I'm using the 1.x version of wfsection on my main site, so haven't checked out the new version yet. Does the new version have the ability to show a block for top rated - articles (in my case would be game category) for specific categories? or do the blocks only show top rated articles for all categories? At the moment I have categories like reviews, previews, interviews etc and I'm wanting to add a games database which I want to show the top rated in each game category in a block...which is why I was thinking of using a separate module to separate the content.

Not sure that makes sense lol

Anyway, will install it on a test site to check out the new version when I have time.

Cheers,
Dee

Login

Who's Online

145 user(s) are online (98 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 145

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits