functionlab
cvs install of modules

I just installed xoops2 on my server from the cvs head. It looks like everything came over except the modules. The folder structure is there, but not the files. My CVS is really poor. Can anyone tell me how to pull the module files off the cvs server? I think my only other option is to download each module separately from xoops.org, right?

intel352
Re: cvs install of modules
  • 2004/7/22 17:58

• intel352

• Module Developer

• Since: 2003/11/23

aren't the modules stored in a folder separate from the XOOPS core files, in cvs?

btw, if you're getting more than just the XOOPS core files, likely most/many of the modules will break.

at least, xdonations will for sure (haveta download revision 1_x of xdonations, and rename the folder to 'donations')... i need to fix that

functionlab

aren't the modules stored in a folder separate from the XOOPS core files, in cvs?

I don't know. Maybe. Probably.

btw, if you're getting more than just the XOOPS core files, likely most/many of the modules will break.

Ahh, I didn't know that.

Is there a way to download the XOOPS core with all the modules as well? Or do I have to download and install each module separately?

intel352
  • 2004/7/22 19:53

• intel352

• Module Developer

the modules should be stored in /cvsroot/xoops/modules

or something like that. if you view the sourceforge web cvs viewer, it should reveal the structure to you.

and yes, you can retrieve the modules, but will they all work? not guaranteed. same for anything in the XOOPS cvs i believe, it's not guaranteed to work.

functionlab

Thanks bd_csmc. Is there another dl location other than the CVS?

Herko
  • 2004/7/22 19:56

• Herko

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2002/2/4 1

Quote:

functionlab wrote:

Is there a way to download the XOOPS core with all the modules as well? Or do I have to download and install each module separately?

Why not download the latest release, as shown in the top block on the xoops.org homepage??

Herko

functionlab

downloaded 2.0.7 unzipped and uploaded modules. I'm all straight now. Modules seem to be working so far.

Thanks to those of you who responded.

intel352
  • 2004/7/22 20:07

• intel352

• Module Developer

lol herko, i was wondering why he wasn't using the packaged release, but i assumed he just wanted the bleeding edge

functionlab

lol herko, i was wondering why he wasn't using the packaged release, but i assumed he just wanted the bleeding edge

Actually, I'm just lazy. The CVS route copies all the files over to my server and saves me downloading, unzipping, then uploading to the webserver. Ahh well... So much for saving time. Shortcut, the longest distance between 2 points. For sure.

Mithrandir

Xoops 2.0.7 is in the HEAD branch of the xoops2 folder/CVS Module

A pretty large selection of modules are in the modules folder/CVS module

Modules are developed independent of the core, hence the split between the two.

Login

Who's Online

101 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 101

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits