phillipd
Printing from a module
  • 2004/7/21 15:10

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/4/20

I've got a functioning module working. It basically allows you to enter text reports and categorizes them by date. I would like the users to be able to print the reports but I don't see any print support in xoops. When I print from the browser I get the whole browser on the paper. Admittedly I am new at web development and don't know how to go about creating something like a "Printer friendly" page that I see on many sites. How can I accomplish this in Xoops?

Thanks

Doug P

Mithrandir
Re: Printing from a module

The normal approach for printer friendly pages is to create a new page for that purpose without blocks, colours etc.

phillipd
  • 2004/7/21 19:18

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

Thats kind of what I was asking. But to be more specific. How do I get, what's been put in a a smarty template, to spawn a new browser window, without the rest of the non module related "Columns" included? I want just what has been assigned to a smarty template to pop up in a new browser.
Have any sample snippits of smarty code that does this?

Doug P

Mithrandir

You can look at the news module's printer-friendly page and its approach.

phillipd
  • 2004/7/21 20:07

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

Super, thanks...

Doug P

phillipd
  • 2004/7/21 21:21

• phillipd

• Quite a regular

Who's idea was it to hide the print function in the News module? It took me 15 minutes to find it. You have to click the title name of an article to make the print Icon appear? I think it should be there by default... If the article is too long, which it was for me, you don't see the print Icon. It wasn't intuitively obvious at all! I'll make mine MUCH more obvious. Anyway thanks for leading me to the answer.

Whomever created the news module, please take this as constructive criticism. It's still a great piece of software.

[Edit] (Sheepish grin)

I had only posted one news article and as such didn't realize the norm is to click the title... Sorry, the module is just perfect as is...

Regards

Doug P

Login

Who's Online

236 user(s) are online (146 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 236

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits