peterk
New Site Launched but menu problems....
  • 2004/7/15 12:39

• peterk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 1

Hi,

I've recently launched a XOOPS site for a Ski Lodge after having decided that XOOPS is better than Mambo:

http://www.eumarellah.com.au/cms

Only members of the lodge have access as registered members. I am having a weird problem with the User Menu though. Admin users sometimes log in and find the Administration Menu item missing. All the others are visible and active (View Account, Edit Account etc) but Administration Menu disappears and then reappears after awhile, even while logged in it suddenly reappears. Can't figure out why at the moment and have had no luck searching these forums to see if anyone else has come across this. I have hacked header.php to get the drop down menus happening in the smarty template but that's all. Any ideas anybody?

ackbarr
Re: New Site Launched but menu problems....

are you using template caching on the User Menu block?

Check "System" -> "Blocks" -> Edit "User Menu"

peterk
  • 2004/7/15 13:38

• peterk

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/4/8 1

Yep it was set to 1 hour. I guess a non admin user had logged in and caused it to be cached. Many thanks!!

DonXoop

Carefully check all your cache settings. Any content that should be different for various group levels should not be cached. You found the menus doing that, same for other content that perhaps only an admin should see. Sometimes the module can be cached but the block should not. And sometimes the other way. Careful thought is needed.

Login

Who's Online

479 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 479

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits