NFLITE
Beating a dead horse again.
  • 2004/7/13 18:00

• NFLITE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

I have read enough postings about the whole blank page issue that I want to pull my hair out. I have tried everything at least twice that are in said postings. I read the Wiki and tried what it said but still no good.

I am running XOOPS 2.0.7 with the newest versions of MySql and PHP. I know they are working because I can run all the test files and see that PHP is working correctly. That is not the issue.

After turning on the debugging I get this error:

Parse error: parse error, unexpected '}' in E:\mydirectory\myfolder\html\include\common.php on line 284

So I removed the } and after that the page still loads blank. If I try to go directly to the admin.php I get a an error saying I'm not logged in and the page reloads blank. I can't get to any other page.

Xoops is running on a W2K Server with IIS. I have 6 other websites running on this server so I know the server is not funky. I've re-downloaded the core files and reinstalled Xoops, MySql, and PHP a few different times all from different download locations. I have not added anything other than the core files, so no themes, add-ons, etc.

As far as I can tell there are no extra lines, spaces, whitespace after the ?> on the mainfile.php or common.php.

I have the same type of build on a WXP laptop that I use to test first before uploading to the server and I can see everything fine. I have MySQL exactly setup on the laptop as I do with the server to insure a common installation.

I am completely stumped. Is there anyone out there that can please help me, point in the right direction, or provide me with a gun to shoot this webserver?

I forgot to add, the installation went off without a hitch. ALl the tables were installed and everything "looks" fine. It's just when I click on "View your Site" is when it loads blank.

NFLITE
Re: Beating a dead horse again.
  • 2004/7/14 18:01

• NFLITE

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

Now don't everybody reply at once now.

Any ideas here fellas? I'm kinda up the proverbial river.

Ok maybe this will help.

Do you have PHP? Version. -- php 4.3.7
Do you have SQL? Version. -- MySQL 4.0.20a
Apache/ISS/Other? Version. -- IIS 5.0
Xoops? Version. -- XOOPS 2.0.7

Do you have a DB, with correct name and pass. -- i can connect to MySQL as the root user and as a non-root user.

Register Globals, on/off? -- tried on and off.

Xoops URL? -- Intranet website.
Xoops Path? -- E:\Webcontent\Xoops

Can you see install.php? -- yes and it installed fine.

Can you see index.php? -- blank, so no

OS - W2K Server and WXP

ackbarr

well haven't seen any other reports of a parse error in common.php, so i'd recommending re-uploading that file from the core package to your website to see if the file itself was not transferred properly.

brash
  • 2004/7/14 22:06

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I've been using XOOPS on a Windows/IIS based server for well over a year now without anykind of trouble. What NTFS permissions do you have set on your XOOPS directories? Cache, uploads and template_c directories MUST have NTFS write permissions for the IUSR_MACHINENAME account, and all your XOOPS files MUST have at least NTFS read permissions set for this account also (it is the internet guest account).

If you are unable to login, then it is most likely that XOOPS is unabel to store cookies. Make sure cookies are enabled in your browser, and make sure the cookie path specified in your php.ini file is valid. It is crucial that you get your php.ini configuration correct, or otherwise you'll get a lot of these headache problems.

Login

Who's Online

164 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 164

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits