chris2d
Re: admin.php blank.
  • 2004/7/5 23:58

• chris2d

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/23

What was the fix for the blank admin menu? I am experiencing the same symptoms.
Thanks!
Chris

joeblack
  • 2004/7/6 5:32

• joeblack

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/6 4

You got yours working but perhaps what happened to me will be helpful to someone else with a blank admin.php.

My admin.php suddenly was blank after working fine for weeks. Well header and top links were visible but I had no admin menus. I used phpMyAdmin to turn debug_mode on in the xoops_config table. The resulting error messages then led me to discover that my cache directory was for some reason no longer writable. Apparently the system writes adminmenu.php in there. Fixing permissions made everything work again. What I don’t know is how or why the perms on the cache directory got out of whack in the first place, since I had made no changes to the site.

chris2d
  • 2004/7/6 20:01

• chris2d

• Just popping in

We have fixed the permissions on the cache directories and the files contained therein and that seems to have fixed the problem - temporarilly. The catch is that the permissions are getting reverted after I perform a few administration tasks... We are upgrading PHP from 4.3.4 to 4.3.7 hoping that may contain a fix, but I suspect something deeper here. Any ideas? Thanks!
-Chris

Forlorndeeds

I don't know how I fixed it.
But... all of a sudden it just started working.
Was SO STRANGE! Beacause all the images started to load and stuff.
I don't know what I did. But it was likey Server Side, as I had nothing to do with it.

kappen
  • 2004/7/13 15:26

• kappen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/19

Running low or out of space on your webhost will cause this to happen, I have a module that doesnt cache well and it filled my webspace up I started seeing this and other problems freeing up the space fixed them all. Something simple but often overlooked if something is using more space then you expected.

chris2d
  • 2004/7/13 22:09

• chris2d

• Just popping in

We have orders of magnitude more storage available than the site takes in it's entirety... Any other guesses? Thanks!
-Chris

Login

Who's Online

243 user(s) are online (159 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 243

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits