totallyretar
I'm a retard, but bare with me

Hi. I am new to this. I have read through some of the support docs, but couldn't find my anwser. I've been trying to install new modules. I went to /xoops-2.0.0.7/html/modules/mydownloads/ and installed the module I wanted through my ftp program, wise-ftp. the module was agendax. I go to system admin module then module administration, and at the very bottom, i get the message, module not found. I'm pissed. Now what?

2. Can someone please clarify the final anwser on shopping carts and portal software. Who integrates both of them together. I am using zen-cart and XOOPS seperatley. Looked into Mambo and mamcom, but no anwsers yet. Thanx for your time.

MadFish
Re: I'm a retard, but bare with me
  • 2004/7/13 5:09

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

You might have copied agendaX into the wrong location. The path you listed above (html etc) sounds like you copied it into the XOOPS installation package, not into your XOOPS root -> modules directory ?

Sometimes when you extract a module you'll find that the actual 'module folder' (the important thing) is wrapped in another folder together with readmes, extras and other things. Only the actual module folder should be placed in your module directory (anything else will generate a 'module file not found' error).

totallyretar

so when I unzip it. It gives me a folder. I place that one folder, into the modules folder. Do they all go in modules>downloads?

MadFish
  • 2004/7/15 6:10

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Yep that's right, so long as the 'folder it gives you' is the actual module folder, which will bear the name of the module.

However, as I mentioned sometimes when you unzip you *might* find the module folder wrapped in a couple of other directories that you don't need - it might look something like this (this is just an example):

html
-> modules
-> -> agendax

In such a case, its the 'agendax' folder you need to copy into the xoops_root/module directory. You should discard the 'html' and 'modules' folders, that's just wrapping. Although sometimes they contain other things you might find useful like additional language files, readmes etc.

totallyretar

I am installing myads. I got it to work and everything, until I click the link on my page to show the classifieds. It just brings me tohttp://www.peakpcs.com/xoops-2.0.7/html/modules/myAds/

and says "error". I also modified the rights it asked me to in the readme file, however, it didn't let me change the rights on the cache file. could this be the problem?

I'm reinstalling to modules/ the folder myads with everything in it as it came, but if you know something I don't, please let me know. thanx

matt
matt@peakpcs.com

Login

Who's Online

218 user(s) are online (130 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 218

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits