Forlorndeeds
Making TIME run off GMT, not Server's time?

If there a fix to make the "time" function in the templaes, appear to be the time, with a GMT + or - ? It's kinda annoying. Beacause alot of my patrons are in Australia, and we're a day ahead usualy. So the date is always a day behind then it should.
Specified in the Settings GMT 10+, but still does'nt work. It's running off the server's time clock. =((

Any help?

koertzen
Re: Making TIME run off GMT, not Server's time?
  • 2004/7/10 9:12

• koertzen

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/10/22

Did you make the customization for your USER setting (through edit profile) or for the SYSTEM setting (through Administration > System Admin > Preferences > General Settings). In the system setting you should be able to set the location of your server and a default user setting.

For example, my servers are mostly in New York (as I have determined through trial and error, even though my host is in California), and I am in Washington state. I have the server timezone set to GMT -5 and my default timezone to GMT -8. The default timezone is automatically the default for new users to your site unless they change it through their own user settings. BUT it's critical that the server timezone be set properly for any time to appear correctly on your site.

Does this help, or is this how you already have it set up?

Forlorndeeds
Re: Making TIME run off GMT, not Server's time?

Thank you.
Silly of me. I forgot to put the default server time. =/ lol.
Yes, no wonder why it was taking the wrong time.
I feel so embrassed.

Thank you once again.

Login

Who's Online

158 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 158

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits