Anonymous
using XOOPS for an easy life
  • 2004/7/8 15:17

• Anonymous

• Since:

I'm brand new to all this CMS stuff, and quite honestly, struggling to come to terms with the concept.

Say I've got a company website - we work in the service industry - and you've developed the site from scratch, in this case using DW. The site has been solely developed and is exclusively maintained by yours truly.

What I want to do is to allow members of staff to edit the CONTENT of the site so that I don't have to do it for them. This seems a sensible idea since I might leave the company one day and then what?

Can I use XOOPS to do this? Can I maintain my current design and bring XOOPS in where content is concerned?

thanks

sunsnapper
Re: using XOOPS for an easy life

Yes, sir. In fact, I would say that is a key benefit of a CMS.

You can give different users various levels of access so that they can edit material.

Likewise, if you have a product catalog that is continually updated, you can use a catalog or store module to keep existing product profiles available... or you could use WFSections if you don't find a store or catalog module you like.

Yes, you can carry your design over to Xoops. You can even edit your theme in Dreamweaver. Also, if you have a lot of static pages that you just want to carry into your XOOPS layout, you can use something like Tinycontent or Freecontent, which allows you to do that easily.

This should help: http://wiki.xoops.org/wakka.php?wakka=ThemeHowTo

Also, if you search for "Dreamweaver" in the site search engine, you may find additional help.

A couple differences you will find. XOOPS uses CSS for colors and font sizes (which is not to say that your theme can't hard code them in the page... just that ultimately you may want to move to CSS, which helps you create cleaner xhtml anyways.

Anyways, I hope that gets you started. As you come up with new questions, first use the search engine to see what you can find. You may also find help in the XOOPS Documentation menu on the left. (This may provide help to your other users, as well, when you train them). And, as always, if you don't see it in the Docs, or a search finds nothing, XOOPS has a very helpful community... so ask and we will try to help.

Welcome to Xoops.

Login

Who's Online

193 user(s) are online (120 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 193

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits