haaspoop
mainfile.php permission ?
  • 2004/7/7 21:01

• haaspoop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/26

Hi all

I was wondering if you can help me out here? I'm having a slight problem in changing the permission of the mainfile.php, so everytime I enter the administration menu I get this error;

WARNINGFile /customers/*****.com/****** /httpd.www/****/html/mainfile.php is writeable by the server
Please change the permission of this file for security reasons.
in Unix (444), in Win32 (read-only)

The problem is I've 444'ed it so many times its not funny anymore, and it always results in the files permission jumping back to -rw-r--r--

Am I missing something here

Help me please.

William

tl
Re: mainfile.php permission ?
  • 2004/7/7 21:17

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Xoops does not change permission on mainfile.php. It has to do with your hosting company and you will have to sort it out with them.

haaspoop
  • 2004/7/13 16:21

• haaspoop

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/26

I'm not sure I understand

I know that XOOPS doesn't change the files permission but it gives me that warning I mentioned in my first post. I can change the file permission of any other file except for the mainphpfile.php without it jumping back to its original settings. Am I to assume that the company hosting my site has disallowed me my rights to change the permission of Xoops's mainfile.php file? This seems highly unlikely.

Mithrandir

Can you change other files' permissions to 444?

It may not be anyone's actual fault but it wouldn't hurt to contact your host and ask them if they know why you cannot change the permissions for mainfile.php to 444. Since they know the configuration best, they will be most qualified to help you.

Worth the try

psychicadvis

My questions,I am at this part of having to set to grant permissins to, do I open up the file to accuely edit like if I opened it in teh note pad, or and editor and is that when and war I take something out or add something in to make files main.php (an the other threw along with it )make it ware it is writable???

jdseymour

Here is an article Xoops Folder Permissions That explain the permissions folders should be.

This flash tutorial Xoops Installation Tutorial has a section that shows how to set permissions to a file via FTP.

Hope these help you.

Now with chmod 0444 I was not able to do that with ftp, I had to use my cPanel file manager to change to that level.

Login

Who's Online

239 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 239

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits