sentinel
Can registered users select their own language?
  • 2004/7/6 10:10

• sentinel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/6 9

I may be mistaken but I've got the feeling my question has already been debated much and there might even be a hack. If so, my apologies but I've not been able to find a solution to my problem in this forum.

With that said, this is my question: are registered users able to select their own language for my website? I've got both Dutch and English users both of which do not understand each other's language much. But I still want both of them be able to use the site. I was hoping they could select their own language when registering but alas... am I missing something or is this just not possible with XOOPS and might I have to look for another CMS? I hope not, I like Xoops.

Many thanks for any help.

chapi
Re: Can registered users select their own language?
  • 2004/7/6 10:17

• chapi

• Theme Designer

• Since: 2002/1/22

You should have a look at the multilanguage hack by marcan. Really nice peace of work!

https://xoops.org/modules/news/article.php?storyid=1558

sentinel
  • 2004/7/6 10:22

• sentinel

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/6 9

Ah, excellent. I will have a look at it tonight when I'm back home. Thanks for the quick response!

temida
  • 2004/7/6 12:00

• temida

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/1/13

I saw his work too and it's wonderful, but do you think there is any way to add several so it will be able to translate on japan, german, france, holland and etc. and if there is any way what do I need to do

marcan
  • 2004/7/15 11:57

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

@sentinel :
Quote:
are registered users able to select their own language for my website?

Yes, with XOOPS Multilanguages 1.4, users are able to select their prefered language in their profile.

@temida :
Quote:
do you think there is any way to add several so it will be able to translate on japan, german, france, holland and etc. and if there is any way what do I need to do

The hack supports as many language as you like. You only need to actually have all those language packs in the language folder and configure the file class/module.textsanitizer.php as described in the ReadMe file.

Sorry for the late answers people, I must have missed your posts.

If you have any problem, you can post on the forum NotreVie.ca

Cheers !

Login

Who's Online

107 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 107

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits