tedsmith
Xoops NO LONGER Connecting to MySQL Database
  • 2004/7/5 13:04

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi everyone

I'm sure this should be a quick one, hopefully. I have readhttps://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=8208&forum=1 and note some people are having similar problems as me, but not the same as me, and the areas that are similar I have already tried before. Let me explain....

I successfully configured and installed IIS6, php, MySQL, and W2&3 Server to run our internal Intranet (NO External connection to Internet). At first, when installing Xoops, I got database connection problems too (which is when I cam here originally). When I uninstalled MySQL, and re-installed it, and used username of root and a password, it worked great. I set up Xopps, and started to play. Everything worked a treat.

Then, today, another one of my guys logged off the server. When I logged back on (not that I should have even had to do that because I set MySQL to run as a Windows service using mysql-nt.exe --install) no Xoops! It says it "cannot connect to the database. Unable to connect to database in file blah/blah/blah/databasefacotry.php."

If I try to directly access phpMyAdmin (which also worked before) by going tohttp://fct.local/phpMyAdmin I get

#2003 Can't connect to MySQL Server on 'localhost' (10061).

If I shell to c:\mysql\bin and type mysql, and ask it to 'show databases' all it shows is the test database, even though the XOOPS database is in the c:\mysql\data folder, along with another one called 'mysql'.

If I type 'mysql -u root -p' I get the following error :

ERROR 1045 : Access denied for user root@locahost <using Password = YES'>.

I checked mainfile.php and the user name and password are exactly as I gave MySQL when I re-installed it, so that hasn't changed.

If I run winmysqladmin.exe I get green lights, and the password in the my.ini file matches the mainfile.php. But even in that, only the test database show up.

It seems to me then, that for some reason, MySQL has locked out root and thinks that the password is no longer what it was originally. How on earth do I get round that!!??

Specifications are :

IIS6,
MySQL 4.0.20
PHP 4.3.6
phpMyAdmin 2.5.7
IIS6
W2&3 Server
Xoops 2.0.6

Please can someone help me?

tedsmith
Re: Xoops NO LONGER Connecting to MySQL Database
  • 2004/7/5 15:01

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Sorted it.

Closed down MySQL service, and then opened a DOS shelled instance of mysqld-nt --skip-grant-tables from c:\mysql\bin. Then I flushed the password for root by typing

mysqladmin -u root flush-privileges password "entered a new password"

and pressed enter. Then I shutdown the service again by typing mysqladmin -u root -p shutdown. It asked me for the password and shutdown. I then re-started it and hey presto!

Now got to work out why it did it in the first place!

If anyone else has this problem got tohttp://dev.mysql.cm/dc/mysql/en and look up 'resetting root permissions'.

Login

Who's Online

112 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 112

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits