marcan
XOOPS Multilanguages 1.4 error : "An error occured while retreiving table users structure"
  • 2004/7/2 20:40

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2003/10/8

Hi everybody,

It seems that some of you are having problem with the installation of XOOPS Multilanguages 1.4. Here are what you may experienced :

- New users can not register.
- Upon installation of the language module, there is an error in the outputed data of the installation : "Failed to execute xoops_module_install_language"
- Upon executing the upgrade script mlhack_1_4.php, this error occurs : "- An error occured while retreiving table users structure"

All of these are related to the fact that XOOPS Multilanguage is trying to add a new field in the users table and it cannot.

It is perfectly working on some hosts, and not on some others. The only differences I saw with these is with the PHP and MySQL versions. It seems to work fine with these versions :
- PHP version : 4.3.3
- MySQL version : 4.0.18-standard

If you are experiencing these problems, please post on NotreVie.ca - Forum

However, to manually solve this issue, you will need to create this field in the users table :
user_lang VARCHAR50 NOT NULL default 'english'

I am really sorry for any inconvinients you may suffer with this. I tested this package on all the environments I had in my dispositions, as well as on a lot of dedicated beta testers and we never encountered those problems.

Thank you for you comprehension.

If any of you out there have more informations for me or perhaps a solution , please contact me.

Thanks !

marcan
Re: XOOPS Multilanguages 1.4 error : "An error occured while retreiving table users structure"
  • 2004/7/15 12:43

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

A little follow up on that issue. I'm still trying to find a solution. In order to get help from the Xoopsers Community, here is a portion of the code I am using.
include_once("../../../mainfile.php");
include_once(
XOOPS_ROOT_PATH "/header.php");

Global 
$xoopsDB;

// Add the field user_lang in users table
echo "XOOPS Multilanguages v1.4 upgrade script";

$sql "SHOW COLUMNS FROM " $xoopsDB->prefix('users') . " LIKE 'user_lang'; ";

$result $xoopsDB->queryF($sql);

If (!
$result) {

// Problem with the query

echo "- An error occured while retreiving table users structure.";
} else {

When the problem occurs, it always occurs when executing the query :
$result $xoopsDB->queryF($sql);

In fact this line returns true :
If (!$result) {

Would anybody have a clue why it would return true, other than a problem in the query. And if there is a problem in the query, where could it be ? Also, if the query returns no record, that's ok, it is not supposed to be interpreted as a !$result...

Thanks for any help !

marcan
Re: XOOPS Multilanguages 1.4 error : "An error occured while retreiving table users structure"
  • 2004/7/15 13:41

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

Another thing :

I could not reproduced the error on any of my test or live servers. I would really appreciate if someone having the problem could contact me at marcan@notrevie.ca so we can make some test. I prepared a little script that will output the error.

Thanks !

marcan
[FIXED] XOOPS Multilanguages 1.4 error : "An error occured while retreiving table users structure"
  • 2004/8/29 14:15

• marcan

• Just can't stay away

Thanks to Assniok, I finally located the source of this bug ! It seemed to be the final ";" at the end of the queries. That seemed to be causing an error in some version of MySQL.

I packaged a little fix that can be download here : patch_ml_1_4_1.zip

Here is the install instructions :
Quote:
Please copy the 'modules' folder at the root of your XOOPS Site running XOOPS 2.0.7.1 and XOOPS
Multilanguages 1.4.1.

Point your browser to xoops/modules/language/upgrade/mlhack_1_4.php

Let me know if anyone have other problem !

Thanks !

Login

Who's Online

479 user(s) are online (96 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 479

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits