Raymie
My Xoops Installation is jacked
  • 2004/7/1 20:07

• Raymie

• Just popping in

• Since: 2003/7/23

Hello all,

I have been running XOOPS very sucessfully for about a year now and am extremely happy. In fact, I recently have been commisioned to build a new php-based site and did research on the numerous other OO portal systems. Forget that, XOOPS is the best, hands down.

Anyways, my current XOOPS site is in trouble. It is running perfectly smoothly but I can not add any new modules or even a new poll. I need to take action before I lose everything.

Is there a method to do some type of "overlay install" that maintains all of the information but cleans up the mess (similar to Windows 98 Overlay installs)? Or would it be best for mie to install 2.07 in a new directory and spend a couple days re-installing all of my current work?

In case you'd like to see, Rcommunity

Thanks for the thoughts

Chris03
Re: My Xoops Installation is jacked
  • 2004/7/1 20:14

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

First try repairing and optimizing you dbase using phpmyadmin if that dont work then i would do this

Use phpmyadmin and do an SQL dumb of your site save your modules and themes and NEthing else you cant loose and then delete xoops.

Reinstall the newer version of XOOPS copy over your themes and your modules and NEthing else you need and then restore the MySQL dumb through PHPmyadmin and all is well i hope!

Had a similar issues but i couldnt post news or change NEthing did that and all went good, now i made a PHP script that maintains my dbase for me so that this doesnt have happen again.

Chris03
Re: My Xoops Installation is jacked
  • 2004/7/1 20:21

• Chris03

• Quite a regular

• Since: 2004/2/22

forgot to say that i did try to copy over my existing installation of XOOPS (minus mainfile.php and the install DIR) but i still had issues...

Login

Who's Online

142 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 142

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits