Paljas
Custom blockset pages
  • 2004/7/1 8:40

• Paljas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/1 8

If I understand correctly, you can only assign block visibility per module. I would like to define multiple 'frontpages' or just 'pages', and to select a visible set of block for each of these pages, and to list them in the main menu, or have another block with these pages listed, preferebly organized in a hierarchical way, so, e.g.:

Menu:

Main > Employee info (current location)

- Main (contains all sorts of summary blocks of forum and downloads, etc.)
--- Employee info (contains custom blocks with photo albums, address lists, etc.)
--- Downloads (link to module)

etc.

Can this be done in Xoops, and if yes, how? If not, what tool can?

Paljas
Re: Custom blockset pages
  • 2004/7/1 8:54

• Paljas

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/7/1 8

I just thought of one solution after reading post NEW MODULE. In this post there is talk about defining your own module. If you just keep this blank, and create multiple of them, you could simulate what I proposed above.

Any other suggestions?

Alan-A
Re: Custom blockset pages
  • 2004/7/1 12:49

• Alan-A

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/2/17

Hi,

try the TinyContent Duplicable module - you can read about it here:
"https://xoops.org/modules/mydownloads/singlefile.php?cid=24&lid=612"

You can use install the "TinyD" Module up to 10 times in parallel; you can set any one of these TinyD modules to appear in your home page. For each Module you have a link in your Main Menu. You can set the position of this link in the MainMenu and you have the possibility of showing pages included in this module as sublinks.

You would use a seperate module for your photo album and for your address links (see the module lists in the "Downloads"
section of this site) which would then each habe their own entry in the main menu.
You could however group these links in a Block of your own (made using the link Admin > System > Blocks) with the module adresses hard coded in html.
Alternatively you could make your own menu using the iMenu Module and make the MainMenu invisible.

Good Luck,

Alan

Login

Who's Online

92 user(s) are online (69 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 92

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits