brucewhealto
Member Photo uploads and other Priviledges

I'm wondering if members can upload pics of themselves. The reason being that I have a couple communities where this would be great, an alumni web site and a frienship finder/dating/singles site. Is that feature built in or is there a module one can add?
Also can members upload content to the Downloads section?
Can I allow that for registered users I should ask?
Other important things are whether or not I can let users start their own blogs, guess that would have to do with the type of blog being used, wouldn't it? Such as WordPress or Popnupblog (strange name)...
Can I let users start their own irc rooms?
On another site which is oriented toward creative expression such as writing, graphic designs, multimedia, etc. Can I let users upload say a flash design? Perhaps even with an approval process, where they might have to have their content approved before the content can be viewed and kept on the site.
Let me know, please, if these would be seperate 3rd party modules that I would need to add or if this is built in.
Bruce

brucewhealto
Re: Member Photo uploads etc. Please help

I did figure out part of the answer here in that I was able to give members the ability to upload photographs. I'm not sure if the permissions was just for photographs or for more than just that. However, now that my users have that right how do they do that? I can't figure out where a person would be able to upload a photograph with their own user information. Or a photograph that might be added to an image gallery, should that be an area on a site? I guess in terms of content, the only thing that can be uploaded by a user is a photograph that would go with their profile/listing/membership details. I just can't figure out how the new user coming into the site will be able to do this. If I can't figure it out my users won't be able to do this.

And about the forums, can I allow users to create a forum?
Can they create a blog? I guess using the News feature users can submit stories for review and acceptance.
Can they create chat rooms of their own?
I'm very confused and don't know what to do.

JABevan
  • 2004/6/30 14:44

• JABevan

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/23

ditto

sottwell
  • 2004/6/30 18:07

• sottwell

• Just popping in

Similarly, I cannot figure out how to link to a custom avatar or upload a user custom avatar.

fredgsanford

I think this thread explains how to grant your users permission to upload avatars.
https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?viewmode=flat&topic_id=20888&forum=7

JABevan
  • 2004/7/1 11:52

• JABevan

• Just popping in

What about galleries like Deviantart.com or Renderosity.com?

brucewhealto

Cannot a member upload a photo with their profile?
What about the downloads section, who can put things in there to download and how? I also have the module - 3rd party perhaps, KB Downloader. I click on that and do not see anything, just a blank screen.
Isn't there a way to also let users upload photos for the gallery of photographs?
And are there any good blog tools out there for XOOPS, where a registered user can start his or her own blog and allow comments or not. I am thinking that perhaps Word Press might do this but I haven't had experience with it.

For forums, does that have to be setup by the administrator/webmaster or can registered users have control over creating such as the need may arise?
Bruce

stingerblue
Re: Member Photo uploads and other Priviledges

yeah, that would be good, I am after a about me section, that is linked to the profile of each member.

Login

Who's Online

256 user(s) are online (193 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 256

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits