Kerjin
Re: Looking for a good chat module.
  • 2004/6/23 15:33

• Kerjin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/3/10

I didn't see anything at the site that indicates that XOOPS is a supported CMS. Is it? Or did you have to hack it?

DobePhat
  • 2004/6/23 17:08

• DobePhat

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/15

It's supported...at least officially up to .05. after that there is basically no gurantee...because they dont have someone actively following the XOOPS changes. It should still work though...

As more and more mods are tweeked in the XOOPS versions Im sure they just havent been able to keep up with it.

The chat works...Weve been happy with it at our site.

There are instructions for installing on XOOPS config. in a text file. If you have problems doing it that way you can still use it as a stand alone type of app.

vinit
  • 2004/6/26 17:35

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

123flash chat looks cool, its awesome, but too costly plus takes a hell lot of webspace apporx 20mb, thats to much to ask, entire XOOPS doesnt take more than 25 mb to get setup, and this one ask for 30 mb :(

still looking out for some other methods to integrate in chat :) , if anyone of you know any other chat module that rocks, than please inform me :)

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/26 17:47

• Anonymous

• Since:

I have FlashChat on my site, very customizable, looks great. Only complaint I have about FlashChat, is that it lags a little bit. But other than that I love it...has great smilies, font color change, skin change and all

eq

jw716
  • 2004/6/26 18:54

• jw716

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/1 2

I like zz flash chat.

Free download HERE

Very easy to install, configure.
Don't think it would be very hard to run it inside xoops.
I run it externel so ppl can keep browsing web site and wait for someone to come in the chat room.

I did set up a block letting ppl know how many are in chat room.
This block is on the left side at the top of every page, is also a link to the chat room which opens up in a new popup window.

Shadowlands

If you are so interested, you could use a irc chat mod and link to a irc server. Thats what I do.

If you need a irc server, feel free to use mine: irc-shadowland.ath.cx port 6667-6669

Hope this helps :)

Harlequin

vinit
  • 2004/6/27 4:06

• vinit

• Just can't stay away

• Since: 2004/1/10

Shadowlands, using irc, would call for an additonal download of chat applet by the visitor, which not all the visitors would like to have. irc is good option but not the best option
anyother way out

how is xoopschat or chatmx ??

shaxs
  • 2004/7/26 16:57

• shaxs

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2004/6/1 2

can anyone show me their website with flashcat integrated?

carnuke
  • 2004/7/26 17:21

• carnuke

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/11/5

I tried several available XOOPS chat mods. The only one that really works (IMHO) Is this one IRCMOD

Look down the page to see it. I have it running on my site (members only) but I can recommend it. XOOPS integrated/ fast/ personal messaging/ several channels/ installs well.

jmass
  • 2004/7/31 1:15

• jmass

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/12/18

I just downloaded FlashChat due to the posts above. Wow! It works great with XoopJust what I needed.

I wish it was GPL, but at least I get the source code to modify.

JMass

Login

Who's Online

125 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 125

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits