brucewhealto
Removing error listing re: modules - please help

Hi,
I tried out a few of the 3rd party modules that I found and they looked interesting. I uploaded some to the wrong place. So, now when I go to System Admin and select Modules I get a list at the bottom that details various errors. For example I have a listing for Popnupblog that shows on the list but while navigating and after deleting it from the server I get this notice that the module isn't available.
1) So, is there a way to un-install a module?
2) Is there an easy to use blog I might want to use?
This one when it was added seaminly correctly, gave me a parse error on the index.php page.
3) How do I remove all those errors at the bottom of the Administration area on the Modules page for 3rd party modules that I happened to upload incorrectly?
4) The lycos synication newsfeed did seem to be a good addition to add but that one gave me a parse error as well. I should be able to support modules for version 2.02 and as a matter of fact some 3rd party modules with that requirement are showing up ok.
Please advise.
For reference site ishttp://wordsalad.net/CognitiveContent/
Thanks,
Bruce

MadFish
Re: Removing error listing re: modules - please help
  • 2004/6/25 3:22

• MadFish

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/9/27

Is the error at the bottom of system->modules page 'module file not found !' or something like that ?

*If so* - the system assumes that each folder in the ../modules directory is a module. If you leave a folder in there that *isn't* a module you will get such an error. This often happens if you extract the sub-folders of a module into the module directory by accident.

*If* this is your problem (Backup your database first !) have a look in the ../modules directory to see if there are any folders that don't belong in there. If you delete them error will go away (be careful *not* to delete any modules that are cleanly installed - you should uninstall them before deleting them).

The normal process for uninstalling a module is to deactivate it first (go to admin -> system -> modules then uncheck the 'active' box for the one you want to get rid of). Then you get a new 'floppy disk' icon next to the module name - click on that to uninstall it.

There is a module called Weblog around somewhere that is quite simple to use. However, you might also look at hsalazer's 'Soapbox module', very nice.

Login

Who's Online

111 user(s) are online (64 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 111

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits