tedsmith
Could not Connect to Database Server
  • 2004/6/23 10:40

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Hi

I am setting up an Intranet (not externally connected) on our server (called fct.local). I have MySQL installed and have checked it with WinMySQLAdmin and it gets the green light and looks OK. MySQL is installed in c:\mysql.

On the server I have IIS6 running as well. That is also configured correctly (as far as I can tell because it displays a phpinfo(); page from the root of fct.local.

When I run the XOOPS installation, it gets all the way through with green lights, but then near the end I get a red light and it says 'Could not Connect to Database Server'

In the database hostname field I put 'fct.local'

Database Username : 'administrator' (this is what I used when setting up WinMySQLAdmin. I've also tried 10.1.1.1 and localhost)

Database Password : the same one used when setting up WinMySQLAdmin

Database name : 'fct' (created from the MySQL prompt by typing 'create database fct;'

Table prefix : 'xoops'

Xoops Physical Path : d:\cms.fct (this is a folder on the D: area of the server that I place my XOOPS site)

Xoops Virtual Path :http://fct.local

I gte some more greens, and then when it comes to the database bit it says 'Could not Connect to Database Server' with a red light and I have to start all over again.

Does anyone have any clues? Could it be that when I created the fct database it has a different password? Could it be because the MySQL database is in the c:\mysql\data\fct folder, rather than in the same folder as XOOPS (d:\cms.fct)? If so, how do I move the MySQL database from c: to d:?

Any help will be really apppreciated.

Bender
Re: Could not Connect to Database Server
  • 2004/6/23 11:53

• Bender

• Home away from home

• Since: 2003/3/10

This error should really be cause by it being not able to connect to the database. So forget username/password for now. It will give a different message if i remember correctly.

Did you only misstype here or did you really try this?

Quote:

Database Username : 'administrator' (this is what I used when setting up WinMySQLAdmin. I've also tried 10.1.1.1 and localhost)

Because you should try the ip adress of your pc in the field for the Hostname not database username.

Mithrandir

Have you tried setting the database HOSTname to "localhost"? If it is on the same server/IP as the webserver, I think it would have a little trouble accessing itself via the "outside" hostname.

tedsmith
  • 2004/6/23 12:18

• tedsmith

• Home away from home

• Since: 2004/6/2 1

Yes, by entering 'localhost' that worked with regard to the connection. I'm sure I had already tried that but perhaps not.

However, it can't access the database (fct) or create it if I click on next to create.

How do I get round that? What do I need to do in order for xooops to be able to create the database? Please help me guys!

Login

Who's Online

210 user(s) are online (156 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 210

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Apr 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits