jb_02_98
Bi Lingual Pages
  • 2004/6/21 22:01

• jb_02_98

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/14

I am currently using XOOPS 2.0.7 and am thinking about installing the multilanguage hack. Is there anything that I should check up on before doing this? I am using the shop module and the tinycontent module. Is there compatability between those and the hacked version of xoops? Would it be possible to set up a site within my site (ex. www.sugarblend.com and www.sugarblend.com/en/)? Would that be a wise or unwise choice? I am new to the whole XOOPS thing, but I love it so far. One last thing, if I make a seperate site, would I be able to have both of them go to the same shopping module? Thanks

Joseph Brower

davidl2
Re: Bi Lingual Pages
  • 2004/6/21 22:40

• davidl2

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/5/26

The way the multilanguage hack works, basically means you don't need 2 seperate sites. Effectively it displays text relevent to the language selected - and ignores the un-requested language.

I would suggest to perhaps do a test install of it first, to make sure you've got it all working fine - before installing it on any release site.

There was a recent news posting on installing the ML patch on modules that don't already support it. If I wasn't very tired, i'd search for it for you (but I am - so I wont! ) - but check recent news postings.

Login

Who's Online

156 user(s) are online (108 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 156

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits