dltaylor
Error on new install: "Script execution not allowed."
  • 2004/6/21 12:40

• dltaylor

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/21

Did a fresh install, rechecked all of the file permissions and the problem persists.

Anyone else havingt these problems?

ackbarr
Re: Error on new install: "Script execution not allowed."

What platform is your XOOPS installation running within? In particular, what server OS, webserver, and version of PHP?

Next try this, open up mainfile.php and change
define('XOOPS_CHECK_PATH'1);

to
define('XOOPS_CHECK_PATH, 0);

NFLITE
  • 2004/6/21 21:39

• NFLITE

• Just popping in

I too am having this problem, however I checked the mainfile.php and didn't see a line that says "CHECK_PATH". Any other ideas?

Im running MySQL 4.0.20 and PHP 4.3.7 on Windows XP Pro running IIS. I'm just running locally to try out some stuff before I publish to the Internet.

Thanks for any help.

ackbarr

then I would re-download the latest installation package from Sourceforge
and re-install using this. It's possible that the mirror you originally used to download did not have the latest 2.0.7 installer available.

NFLITE
  • 2004/6/22 17:27

• NFLITE

• Just popping in

I downloaded the package from another mirror and reinstalled the site. Everything worked!!!

Thanks for the help. I really do appreciate it.

donjuandh
  • 2004/6/22 20:13

• donjuandh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/15

I got the same problem.... but from where should I download the 207 version?

I just downloaded from sourcefourge the ZIP version, I think that is corrupted, but what a hell is .bz2 extension?

donjuandh
  • 2004/6/22 20:40

• donjuandh

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/15

There isn´t this 'XOOPS_CHECK_PATH´ in mainfile.php

Dave_L
  • 2004/6/22 20:52

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

haotten
  • 2004/6/29 1:07

• haotten

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/29

Just an FYI, this same message showed up once I had installed a sample web site. I installed this on a windows xp installation, using PHPTriad to install my Apache, MySql and PHP. Being an old time coder I desided to go through the code (my first time looking at PHP code though) dropping print statements in to find the offending code. I determined that the following section of the code in /includes/common.php was at fault:

if ( DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR == '/' ) {
$xoopsScriptBad = strcasecmp( substr($_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'], 0, strlen(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH)), XOOPS_ROOT_PATH );
} else {
$xoopsScriptBad = strcasecmp( str_replace( DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, '/', substr($_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'], 0, strlen(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH)) ), str_replace( DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, '/', XOOPS_ROOT_PATH) );
}
if ( $xoopsScriptBad ) {
exit("Script execution not allowed.");
}
unset($xoopsScriptBad);

After investigating the code and, since we are on a windows platform, the DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR = '\'. The problem was that the variable $_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'] came out to C:\\apache\\htdocs\\ which , when the directory seperator was replaced with '/' came out to C://apache//htdocs// and when this is compared with the XOOPS_ROOT_PATH variable (which is C:/apache/htdocs/) in this code the comparison fails. To solve this problem, I changed the code above as follows:

if ( DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR == '/' ) {
$xoopsScriptBad = strcasecmp( substr($_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED'], 0, strlen(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH)), XOOPS_ROOT_PATH );
} else {
$xtemp = str_replace(DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR . DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR,DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR,$_SERVER['PATH_TRANSLATED']);
$xoopsScriptBad = strcasecmp( str_replace( DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, '/', substr($xtemp, 0, strlen(XOOPS_ROOT_PATH)) ), str_replace( DIRECTORY_SEPARATOR, '/', XOOPS_ROOT_PATH) );
}
if ( $xoopsScriptBad ) {
exit("Script execution not allowed.");
}
unset($xoopsScriptBad);

(NOTE: As I said before, I am not a PHP programmer... So let me know if I can do this better). What I did is replace the double separator with a single separator before doing the compare (I did this to a temporary variable for sanity sake). THis resolved the error. Sorry for the long message, but I hope this explains the issue enough so other people can repair their code as well.

lelandm
  • 2004/6/30 3:27

• lelandm

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2004/6/30

Damn, Haotten, that makes sense!

Oddly though, I've installed the .zip file on a Suse 8.2 linux server that I personally control (apache & php probably both outdated, but it's a internal test server), and it works fine. Put it on Dreamhost.com, which I think uses Debian, but not sure) and it STILL gives me that error, even after your modification.

I too had trouble with tbe .bz2 file and gave up, but Dreamhost has unzip, which worked dandy. Because it works on on server & not another makes me think it's an envornment setting, not a platform issue...

I'll try it on a couple other local and remote platforms and post what I find.

BTW, I'm a total newbie to this group, but this CMS seems to be just what I need, I'm webmaster for a local LPFM community radio station & really looking forward to making this work in ways my poor scripting capabilities just aren't up to!

Login

Who's Online

157 user(s) are online (97 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 157

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits