Frerin
Browsers keep crashing
  • 2004/6/19 11:53

• Frerin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/9 1

Hi,

my friend and I have a problem (lol): when we're in the admin section XOOPS keeps crashing our browsers.

I'm using Opera 7.51 (xp pro) and I discovered that it stops crashing on me when I disable the images. It's mostly fine then.

My friend uses IE6 (win 98) and it crashes on her often as well, just like this (she blames xoops, but honestly, I think it's her PC ).

The crashing happened also under 2.0.6 and continues with 2.0.7.

Any thoughts, ideas, why this could be?

Thanks!

m0nty
Re: Browsers keep crashing
  • 2004/6/19 12:20

• m0nty

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/10/24

hmmm i can't replicate this problem.. however i can tell you from experience that certain characters (such as hidden spaces in text can crash out internet explorer like you wouldn't believe.. this has always been a flaw with IE browsers, there's other issues as well that cause IE to crash out due to verflows and other silly things.

with regards to opera, it's very rare i see opera crash at all, and if it works when u disable images, then i would look seriously at what modules you have installed.. turn on script debugging in internet explorer and opera.. see if u get any error on page messages in the status bar at bottom of IE etc..

also turn on php debug in XOOPS admin/general settings.. and then go thru the modules to find any errors if any..

Frerin
Re: Browsers keep crashing
  • 2004/6/19 12:55

• Frerin

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/5/9 1

thank you, will do that. I have quite a few modules added.

As for Opera, yes, it rarely crashes. I mostly let it load the images and then switch to cached images only to prevent it from crashing. It's really weird. At times it also crashes when I click on a link, it starts to load and then booom - that was it.

Login

Who's Online

240 user(s) are online (165 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 240

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits