Mithrandir
Re: Could not write into mainfile.php

Speaking of FTP clients - does anybody know of a good easy FTP client, which allows directory uploads? Or how to do this in SmartFTP? It's a real bitch updating XOOPS or uploading modules, when you need to either take one directory at a time or use IE.

jctsup1
  • 2004/2/11 14:50

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

• Since: 2002/5/23

Just want to make sure that everyone is clear on this --- there is no FTP client out there that will allow you to change persmissions on a Windows Host.

You can use SmartFTP or WS_FTP to upload directories but in 10 years, I have never seen an FTP client that has the ability to change file permissions on a Windows Server. Even the FTP client that ships with Windows doesn't allow this....

Mithrandir

Quote:

You can use SmartFTP or WS_FTP to upload directories but in 10 years

Do you know how? Sorry for sidetracking

jctsup1
  • 2004/2/11 18:23

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

I meant CuteFTp and WS_FTP --- regardless, you can upload whole directories by dropping & dragging. For instance - on WS_FTP the FTP host sits in the left pane & your local directories are on the right pane. Grab the directory that you want to upload from the right pane and drag it over the the left pane. Voila

johnnyICON
  • 2004/6/18 18:25

• johnnyICON

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/2 3

Quote:

Mithrandir wrote:
Speaking of FTP clients - does anybody know of a good easy FTP client, which allows directory uploads? Or how to do this in SmartFTP? It's a real bitch updating XOOPS or uploading modules, when you need to either take one directory at a time or use IE.

CuteFTP; I've been using it for years now.

Anyway, I have been having the same problem with XOOPS 2.07: [size=xx-small]Could not write into mainfile.php. Please check the file permission and try again.[/size]

I am using XOOPS for experimental purposes, therefore I am running it on my personal computer: Windows XP Pro SP1 and using IIS 5.1. Any suggestions? I've been trying multiple IIS configurations, which is rather difficult with the limitations that XP provides.

I also recieved this warning up top: [size=xx-small]Warning: copy(../mainfile.php): failed to open stream: Permission denied in L:\wwwroot\html\install\class\mainfilemanager.php on line 52[/size]

Help!!!

jctsup1
  • 2004/6/18 18:45

• jctsup1

• Not too shy to talk

johnnyICON -

Running XOOPS on an XP based system is a little different as by default Simple File Sharing is enabled on XP. In order to get rid of the error messages about file streams not found or not being writable, you'll need to open Windows Explorer & go to Tools| Folder Options. Click on the View Tab --- all the way at the bottom uncheck Simple File Sharing. Now, go to your web content directory, click on Properties & go to the Security Tab. Add the IUSR_MachineName account & give it Modify Permissions.

Voila - your stream errors should go away.

Login

Who's Online

171 user(s) are online (121 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 171

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: May 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits