bhon28
Database update problems/erros
  • 2004/6/18 7:26

• bhon28

• Just popping in

• Since: 2004/6/18

Hello,

I must say I am fairly new in xoops. I have tested most of the portal servers and (to my personal opinion) XOOPS appears to be the best. This is really great stuff.

However, I am experiencing several database errors with XOOPS 2.0.7 (I had the same errors with 2.0.6) so I hope someone will have a solution for me. I have installed XOOPS on a local server for my testings. My config is as follows:

O/S: FreeBSD 5.2
Database: MySQL 4.0.16 (install.html recommends MySQL 3.23.XX ... would that be the problem ?)
Apache: Apache-1.3.29_1
PhP: mod_php4-4.3.4_2,1.
Xoops: 2.0.7

Here are two examples of my problems but I also have db errors when posting messages to forums, when posting comments, when posting new articles, etc ... :

1. When changing some parameters in admin/preferences I get the message "database updated successfully" but in reality nothing has been updated. Sometimes I have to get back to admin/preferences or press the reload button (Mozilla or IE) to have the database updated. For both browsers, cache is set to "every time I view a page".

2. When changing a block from one side to another, for instance "site info" to center, I get "failed update of block ID 6". If I get back to block configuration, change the block side to left ... it works - again, if I get back to block configuration, change the block to center then it works. Sometimes if I just press reload it works just fine.

Any ideas of where these problems would come from ?

In advance, thank you for your help.

B. Hon

tl
Re: Database update problems/erros
  • 2004/6/18 13:55

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

It could be your MySQL connections were saturated. Try to turn persistent connection off if you had it on. If that does not help, you may want to check with your host.

BTW, just let you know I have no problems with my site (2.0.6 and 2.0.7) running on FreeBSD 4.9 and MySql 4.0.16

Login

Who's Online

491 user(s) are online (61 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 491

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Sep 30
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits