Anonymous
I want to Practice!
  • 2004/6/12 0:35

• Anonymous

• Since:

Ok now that I am getting very familar with XOOPs. I want to practice working and installing XOOPS. I have a site.host paskage with 5 datbases avaiable...I have 2 taken so far. Question. Can I make another XOOPS databases on my domain with out it affecting my SITE? or is that not possible.I want to pratice....

eq

tl
Re: I want to Practice!
  • 2004/6/12 0:48

• tl

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2002/6/23

Quote:

eq_image wrote:
Can I make another XOOPS databases on my domain with out it affecting my SITE? or is that not possible.I want to pratice....

No, XOOPS only works with one database. New installation will replace the old database on the same domain. If your host allows subdomains, you could install into the subdomains. This way you will get your practice.

Dave_L
  • 2004/6/12 1:00

• Dave_L

• XOOPS is my life!

• Since: 2003/11/7

You can do multiple XOOPS installs on the same domain as long as they're in different directories and different databases. For that matter, you can even put multiple instances of XOOPS in the same database by using different table prefixes, e.g. "xoops1_", "xoops2_".

The only problem with having multiple XOOPS installs on the same domain is that cookie and session names may conflict. That's not a big problem, but it may cause login confusion if you switch between instances of XOOPS without clearing cookies and sessions.

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/12 1:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

So creating a Subdomain will work? I have alot of subdomains I can use I think came with the package. I want to confirm this before I start though. I t will be a travesty, if my site goesd Klapoop !....

Thank

eq

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/12 1:42

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

You can created endless installations of XOOPS in any directory you want, including subdomains, which are just subdirectories to begin with. Just remember that your sub domains will need to propogate through DNS before they work.

As mentiononed already, yes you can use one database. During installation, choose a new prefix for your tables.

Login

Who's Online

446 user(s) are online (86 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 446

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits