Anonymous
Is this possible....
  • 2004/6/9 2:22

• Anonymous

• Since:

I am thinking about turning my website into a purchase membership website for access. I have not seen one XOOPS site thus far, that allow only membership paid visitors to surf. I was wondering is this possible? Maybe by using Donations Module? If anyone has any input on this, it is well appreciated.

eq

Stewdio
Re: Is this possible....
  • 2004/6/9 2:27

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

It is possible with Block and module administration permissions.

The only difference is that you want to recieve a payment before moving members into this area. A few months back there was a couple people working on this. I can't remember the discussion, but an extensive, tiring and very long search on the XOOPS forums might shed some light on the topic for ya

The topic might not be easy to track down or find, but I know the topics been raised before.

Good Luck!

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/9 2:29

• Anonymous

• Since:

hmmmmm good look, I will see if I can find the topic. Only if there was a module for this. that would be great. I can't imagine everyday updating members in different groups, that will be just to much!
eq

brash
  • 2004/6/9 2:32

• brash

• Friend of XOOPS

• Since: 2003/4/10

I'm pretty sure bd_cmsc plans to include this in his Donations module sometime in the future. I'm sure there are a few people out there wanting such a feature

Stewdio
  • 2004/6/9 2:33

• Stewdio

• Community Support Member

• Since: 2003/5/7 1

Your right, it would be a bit much and was hotly discussed in the thread.

I'm almost positive it would take a bit of coding and authentication methods for you to automate a user once payment has been verified.

Anonymous
  • 2004/6/9 2:55

• Anonymous

• Since:

I found the thread..

https://xoops.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?topic_id=12769&forum=10#forumpost83467

I already have the Donations Module on my site, but I was looking for of course the user authentification after payment. I see it is in the workings though. which is good. This will be a BIG plus for xoops, and will bring many more users, I feel if this was implemented. I wish I knew PHP oh well, just have wait I guess....thanx for the info..

eq

Login

Who's Online

270 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Support Forums)

Members: 0

Guests: 270

more...

Donat-O-Meter

Stats
Goal: $100.00
Due Date: Aug 31
Gross Amount: $0.00
Net Balance: $0.00
Left to go: $100.00
Make donations with PayPal!

Latest GitHub Commits